July 14, 2017

my 4th of july || hot weather + learning the bass

I had the best 4th of July EVER!!!! :D
Some very close friends of ours came and celebrated with us!
Here is just a sneak peek into our fun days together!

DSC_5972
DSC_5980.JPGDSC_5992.JPGDSC_5991.JPG
DSC_5987
Anna, Chloe, and Bella
DSC_5996
I had such a wonderful time with my family & friends!!!

The Family 7-5-17

Please be praying for Jason, Katy, and the girls as they have moved out west. They left last week. They are quite a ways away from us now and I miss them a lot, but please keep them in your prayers as they search for a house and for Jason's new job at Chik-Fil-A.

It has been really hot here the past few days. We had a heat advisory and the heat index was 105 degrees. I've been getting the garden watering done in the morning when its cooler and spending my afternoons inside the nice, cool, air conditioned house reading books and playing piano.

Since Jason's not at church anymore, we don't have anybody to play the upright bass. So I have decided that I will learn it. On Wednesday I practiced a little and I can already play "Jesus Loves Me" and "It Is Well." I'm having a lot of fun with it though, and I cant wait till I get better!!!!

Maddy1

 

 

 

lets talk



how did you spend your 4th of july?
did you do fireworks?
what's the weather like where you live?

5 comments

  1. Shalom Martin7/15/2017

    Hey Maddy!! Yes, I do like fireworks!! We got to go to some on July 4th and tonight we are actually going to a local town to see some more. They are so neat!
    That is great that you are learning the bass- i hope it continues to go really well for you :)
    Have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE fireworks!! Ours weren't too big (as you can see in the photos) but I still enjoyed them!!!
    That's really neat!!!
    Thank you, Shalom! I hope so too!
    Thanks for stopping by! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rosalyn Rooney7/16/2017

    So glad you all had a great 4th of July!! ;) We did too, as you know!
    Goodness, I don't think I could stand that hot of weather! I'm content with our mild weather here! In the summer it's usually in the the 70's, but sometimes we will have 80-90's weather. Blah! :p
    Oh, that's exciting you're learning the bass ... I've always liked that instrument. And the trombone! ;) I've joked with my family that someday my husband has to play the trombone! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Rosalyn!
    Yeah. Its been REALLY hot. Almost unbearable. And we haven't gotten any rain for a few weeks. :(
    I played my first special on the bass at church this afternoon! I played "When We All Get To Heaven", with three guitars, a mandolin, and a violin.
    Haha!!! That's funny!!! :D I've always said that I want my husband to play the guitar, but we shall see! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. […] was such a great month, I don’t even know where to start! From the wonderful 4th of July I had to my seventeenth birthday, it was […]

    ReplyDelete

kind words are worth much and cost little. so leave me a comment and make my day!

© little bit of sunshine. Design by FCD.