February 6, 2017

my thoughts on Jesus rocks

thoughts-on-rocks

In this current generation, I hear a lot of people, especially young people, saying things like "Jesus rocks." They try to turn Jesus into a "cool" Jesus and to me they are making Him just another one of the guys.
Every time I hear the words, "Jesus rocks", it makes me really angry. It's like people are talking about Jesus like they would anybody or anything else. Jesus is God. God is the King of kings. The LORD of lords. Why would we want to talk about Him in such a casual manner?
Why would we want to use such a worldly, slang word like "rocks" when trying to describe God, when even the most magnificent words out there can't describe His glory?
I think when we talk about Jesus, we need to use respect, and surely saying things like "He rocks" doesn't sound respectful.
Jesus Christ is a Holy and Righteous God. The Bible says in 1 Samuel 2:2a
"There is none holy as the Lord: for there is none beside thee:"
and in Isaiah 6:3,
"And one cried one to another, and said, Holy, holy, holy, is the Lord of hosts: the whole earth is full of his glory."
To me saying things like "Jesus rocks" is almost blasphemous. You are talking about a Holy God. God deserves more than that.

I know this was a very short post, but it's really been on my mind. I thought I'd just share it with y'all.

maddy

Post a Comment

kind words are worth much and cost little. so leave me a comment and make my day!

© little bit of sunshine. Design by FCD.