February 24, 2017

life with acne

dd-floral-background-71209-preview
I have acne. I've had it for a few years. My sisters had/have it. My parents had it. My grandparents had it. So yeah, it's a tradition.

fiddler on the roof 3.gif

But actually, I'm not too happy about this tradition. But I have it, and I have to make do.

A lot of people think that people with acne are dirty people. People that don't ever wash their face.
Honestly, I really think that you could have the cleanest face out there, but still struggle with acne. Especially when it seems like it's in your genes.
Sometimes I have a really hard time with acne.
Some days I'll look in the mirror and I'll be like, "Hey! My acne is going away!!"

fiddler-on-the-roof-4.

Then the next morning, I'll go to brush my teeth and I'll glance at my face and it's covered in new red, white, and black pimples (if you have acne, you will understand) and I'm like

Monsters Inc 2.gif.

I try to take very good care of my face and I have a lot of rules for myself that I try to follow.
One of my rules is not to touch or pick at my acne pimples because I don't want them to leave scars.
Some times when I wash my face, I'll be so careful not to pop any pimples. But some times in the process of washing, one will pop or fall off.

star-wars.

Even though I do struggle with acne quite often, I try not to think about it, and I'm so thankful that it's not any worse than what it is.
When you really think about it, acne can be quite funny some times! :)

For all of you who struggle with acne, try not to let it get you down. Just do your best to take care of your face, and make sure to always wear a smile!
It's not what's on the outside that matters anyway.
"...for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the Lord looketh on the heart."
                                                                   - 1 Samuel 16:7bmaddy

Do you struggle with acne?
Do you have any tips?

2 comments

  1. Tabitha2/24/2017

    Maddy,
    I've really enjoyed your blog! I haven't gotten to comment on every post, but keep up the good work! You post are always encouraging! :) Hope we get to see you and your family soon!

    ~Tabitha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Mrs. Tabitha! That means a lot to me!
    I hope so too! :)

    ReplyDelete

kind words are worth much and cost little. so leave me a comment and make my day!

© little bit of sunshine. Design by FCD.