February 17, 2017

book review // like dandelion dust

378f7c7f1dda14be31e6f126ba5c477c

dsc_3148

My friend, Abigail, told me about this book. She told me it was really good, but very sad. I found it for $1.00, and so I snatched it up. It took me a while to actually read it because I have a huge stack of books that I'm slowly reading, one by one, but I finally sat down and read this one.
Like Dandelion Dust was a really good book. I enjoyed it.

dsc_3151

Like Dandelion Dust
Karen Kingsbury
354 Pages
4 out of 5 stars

Summary (Taken from Amazon)

Jack and Molly Campbell are right where they want to be, enjoying an idyllic life with their four-year-old son Joey, and the close family and friends who live in their small hometown just outside Atlanta. Then the phone call comes from the social worker the Campbells never expected to hear from again. Three states away in Ohio, Joey's biological father has just been released from prison. He is ready to start life over, but not without his son.
A judge's quick decision deals a devastating blow to the Campbell family: Joey must be returned to his biological parents. The day after the ruling, in the silent haze of grief and utter disbelief, they watch their son pick a dandelion and blow the feathery seeds into the wind.
In the days that follow the ruling, Jack Campbell has a desperate and dangerous thought. What if they can devise a way out? Then they could take Joey and simply disappear . . . LIKE DANDELION DUST.

I liked this book a lot, but decided to give it 4 stars because I think they made Joey a little too perfect for a four-year-old boy. I know what the writer was trying to do, she wanted the reader to really like him, which I did, but it just seemed a little too unrealistic.

This was a good, clean read. I recommend it!

maddy

Post a Comment

kind words are worth much and cost little. so leave me a comment and make my day!

© little bit of sunshine. Design by FCD.