January 9, 2017

My Thoughts On Friendship

So I have this friend, her name is Abigail, and she is my best friend. I met her, going on four years ago at a camp meeting at our church. We both hit it off, like right after we met. We have a lot in common. We're both pastors daughters, we love to read, and a lot of other things. Before I met her, I didn't have a best friend. So I prayed that God would send me one. I prayed that for a long time. He finally did. I'm so glad that I have a friend like Abigail!

img_6536

So I've been thinking, I want to be the best friend I can be. So here are some things that I, and you, can do to be the very best friend's we can be.

1. Pray For Them Everyday
Try to pray for them every, single day. Pray that God would take them and mold them into the godly person they need to be. And that if there is anything going on in their lives, pray that God would just use it to make them grow closer to Him. Remember, the best kind of friend is a praying friend.

2. Listen
I think for a good friendship, each person has to be good at listening. Nobody likes to listen to somebody talk all of the time, so you have to take turns. Don't hog the conversation.

3. Help Their Faith Grow
A Christian friend wont try to make their friends be more worldly. I think a true friend will try to help their friends faith grow stronger in Jesus Christ. Do not make them do anything, that would make them stumble on their walk with the Lord.

4. Always Be There For Them
No matter what happens, always be there for them. Be ready to give them a hug when they are down or when they are having a hard time. Sometimes a hug is better than a thousand words. Be ready to listen to them. (See #2.)

I hope these have helped you! And remember, ask the Lord to help you be the best friend you can be.

maddy

Do you have a best friend?
How did y'all meet?


 

 

3 comments

  1. These are great ideas for a blessed friendship and how we can be there for our friends.
    I've met so many amazing people that have become my friends and I am so so thankful for the wonderful people God has brought into my life.
    I'm so thankful He answered your prayer and sent you a best friend! God is so good to us!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thankful too!! And your right, God is too good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Teresa Davis1/16/2017

    Yes, Tashia is right. You have given us some great ideas to how we can be a great friend and things we can look for in finding a great friend. Prayer is always first and foremost because God is the only one that can give you a great friend.

    ReplyDelete

kind words are worth much and cost little. so leave me a comment and make my day!

© little bit of sunshine. Design by FCD.