April 24, 2017

recipe // old fashioned scalloped potatoes

recipe1
I have made this recipe quite a few times and it always turns out good!
Mama got me to make it for our family's Easter meal last week!  It tasted wonderful, and it was good left over too!
Ingredients_


  • 3 tablespoons butter

  • 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour

  • 1 1/2 teaspoon salt

  • 1/8 teaspoon pepper

  • 3 cups milk

  • cheddar cheese (amount to your liking)

  • 6 medium potatoes, pared, thinly sliced (6 cups)

  • 2 tablespoons chopped onion



Ingredients_1

Make white sauce of first six ingredients. Place half the potatoes in greased 2-quart casserole; cover with half the onion and half of the white sauce. Repeat layers. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for about one hour. Uncover and bake thirty minutes longer. Serves 4-6 people.

potatosThis recipe is easy, and it tastes really good!!!
Enjoy!

I wanted to let y'all know that I wont be able to post this upcoming Friday and Monday because Kristen and I are baby-sitting my nieces all of that week, and y'all can imagine how busy I'm going to be. ;) But I'll be back on the following Friday!

- maddy





lets talk

Are you going to give this recipe a try? How did they turn out for you?
What's your favorite way to eat potatoes?

9 comments

  1. Emerald of VA4/24/2017

    Looks delicious! I like potatoes any way they're fixed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Emmy!!
    I think I'd have to agree! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rosalyn Rooney4/24/2017

    We haven't had scalloped potatoes for so long!! I"ll have to remind Mommy about that ... maybe we can have them on Sunday!! :) Hmm, I like jacket (baked) potatoes the best, but I could them any way! :P

    -Rosalyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let me know (if you try them) how they turned out! :)
    I love baked potatoes smothered in sour cream, cheese, and butter!!! I'm getting hungry! :D

    I was wondering, is the o in your name long or short???

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rosalyn4/25/2017

    Well, we don't be doing them this Sunday because we doing something else!! Hopefully soon! :)

    The "o" is long! ;) I'm glad you asked! Most people say my name with a short "o", which I'm used to! :D I always tell them "just think of a rose" :) That's why I'm named that .. Mommy loves roses!

    ReplyDelete
  6. First thing I saw on your blog and I am hooked. THIS LOOKS ALL TOO GOOD.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you liked it!!! They were wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yeah... extra cheesy the way we like it:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes! I love extra cheese!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete

kind words are worth much and cost little. so leave me a comment and make my day!

© little bit of sunshine. Design by FCD.