May 5, 2017

april in review // hello may

april



my life



i successfully played pranks on April fools

my family had a wonderful Easter meal and Jason, Katy, and the girls and my grandparents from both sides came over to join us! We had a good ole' time!
DSC_4358
(not pictured ^ the scrumptious dessert :D )

i went on a trip with my family to see friends in S.C.

i went to Hamrick's and got a cute shirt for $8

DSC_4524

i went to Zaxby's (we don't have a Zaxby's where we live :( )

i saw boone's cave and Daniel Boone's parents graves

DSC_4486
DSC_4492
DSC_4449

i babysat my nieces for a whole week with Kristen

kristen, ben, me, chloe, bella, emma, and napoleon rode in kristen's Buick. We were so squished and Napoleon almost got sick on ben and I (car sickness).
(Napoleon has gotten really big, so you can imagine ;) )

DSC_4947

i saw some friends from VA. at boone's cave by accident! It was so neat!! :D

my nieces

chloe: * walks in my room * It's so hot outside. I felt like a volcano.
me: a volcano?
chloe: yeah. I almost blowed up.

bella: * holds a belt up to her hair so it's going down her back * Look! I'm Rapunzel!

emma running around with babydoll glasses on her head

DSC_4790

me getting sick and Emma wanting to keep feeling my forehead. She's so cute! :D

having a long conversation with Bella about "what is a teenager?" and "what is an adult?"

Bella asking where napoleon is like, "where he is?"

me and bella: * singing "mother knows best" from Tangled together *  
bella: *
stops when we get to "listen to your mumsy" * * she looks at me in
concentration * what is a mumsy?

thankful for



homemade French fries made by Ben

DSC_4951

playing piano in church

my sister Katy singing a song with me so I wouldn't have to sing a solo!! THANK YOU!! :D

boat rides with my siblings

my bed :D

making bread for a friend from church that was recovering from surgery

traveling with my family

DSC_4459

visiting a church while on our trip on Wednesday evening

getting treated out to Cracker Barrel

babysitting my nieces

having friends come over to the house while babysitting

chinese food!!!

DSC_4891

hot showers

may goals



read two new books

try a new recipe

read Joshua through the book of Ruth in my Bible

pass out 20 Bible tracts

finish 11th grade so i can start my Summer

be ready for my piano recital in June

 

 

So that's just a very small peek into my April!! It was a great month and hopefully May will be just as good!!!

- maddy

 lets talk





how was your April?
favorite thing about the month?
what are some of your goals for May?

14 comments

  1. My friend travels around the country singing for the Lord. She LOVES Hamericks! She's always talking about her closet he's she bought there! I wish there was one closer to me! Thanks for your Blog, Maddy! It's so encouraging to see young people living for the Lord! 💕

    ReplyDelete
  2. Closet he's she = clothes that she's 😝

    ReplyDelete
  3. Napoleon is SO CUTE!! I'm reading the book of Joshua in my Bible time right now-- so much good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We don't have a Hamricks where we live either, but when we go to S.C. we always stop by! :D
    Thank you so much for commenting, Chayah Grace! It means a lot to me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know, isn't he? He's really sweet too. You cant tell in the picture, but in person he looks like he has eye liner on! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you come to SC often :)? That's where I live! Also, I used to live in VA :D.
    Your puppy and your nieces are cuuuuuute!!! "What IS a Mumsy?" LOVE! Haha :).
    Maybe I should start adding goals to my month wrap up posts, it sounds like a fun motivational idea... except for the fact that I don't even have my April wrap up posted yet. I'm a terrible blogger...
    Loved this post :)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're very welcome 😊

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful review! How did the babysitting go? Thankful for: "my bed"--that's hilarious! :D Our April went fine and way too fast! We have five birthdays in April and May--two in April and three in May! I did a writing challenge last month and was able to write over 21,000 words! Go me! :p I'm doing another challenge this month, so we'll see how it goes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, not as often I would like. We have some good friends that live in S.C. that we try to visit every so often. :)
    Aren't they?? And my nieces are always saying such cute things! That's why I made the "My Nieces" part in my monthly post! :D
    I knew that if I put my monthly goals up for everybody to see it might make me try even harder to get them done! :D
    You're not a terrible blogger. Did you see the date mine was posted? :(
    Thank you for reading, Bri! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you, Rosalyn!
    The babysitting went great! I really miss being over at Jason and Katy's house and watching them!
    That's good. I know. The year is just slipping by way too fast.
    Well tell everybody Happy Birthday from me! :D
    Oh wow! Maybe I need to start doing a writing challenge! :D
    What's the other challenge you're doing?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yeah, I can't wait to have nieces and nephews! :)
    The other challenge is a writing challenge again! In trunking to write 10,000 words this month! Pray for me ... it's been slow so far! I actually have over 140 pages in the book, but I'm not even close to being finished! ;) *falls over backwards*
    Have you read any of White Christmas? Looking forward to reading you're prologue! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awww Napoleon is SO CUTE. And your sister is adorable <3

    Sounds like your April was amazing! I hope your May goes well too :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's so much fun! I hope I'll have a little nephew soon! :D I actually just got to hold a newborn baby boy that belongs to a family in our church. He was SO CUTE!!! I love babies! :D
    Woah!!!! That's a lot! I've given myself the challenge (starting this upcoming week) of writing a chapter a week.
    I'll definitely be praying for you, but you can do this! ;)
    I actually just sent you an email about it! I read the whole thing and it was SO GOOD!! You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Audrey! Napoleon is actually even cuter in person! Plus he's REALLY sweet! :D
    Aww thanks! :D
    It was amazing! I hope yours was too!
    Thank you so much for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

kind words are worth much and cost little. so leave me a comment and make my day!

© little bit of sunshine. Design by FCD.