May 22, 2017

book review // seasons of the heart series

book review __

Most of y'all have probably heard of Janette Oke before. She's a really popular author and I've read most of her books, but the "Seasons of the Heart" series will always be my all time favorite books she has written!!!

You know with some series you really enjoy the first book but you cant read the books that follow it too soon? Well, that will not happen with this series. I don't think I'll ever get tired of this series! I think I've read each book at least two times through and I enjoyed it just as much the second time as I did the first!!

[gallery ids="4341,4354,4362,4363" type="rectangular"]

 

Seasons Of The Heart
By Janette Oke
4 Books
4 Stars

summary_ (taken from amazon)

As he grows into manhood, Josh Jones faces important questions about life, love, and faith.
Includes Once Upon a Summer, The Winds of Autumn, Winter is Not Forever, and Spring's Gentle Promise.



my review



Ok. I really liked these books. I liked the time period that it took place in a lot!!! Sometimes I think I was born in the wrong generation. haha!! :D
The only thing I didn't like about the first book was Aunt Lou was too perfect in my opinion. I don't think I'll ever meet a girl who would be like her. Like I said earlier, she was too perfect.
Also, the threshing crew part went on a little too long. I enjoyed it when it first started, but it went on a long time, and it got kinda boring.
Overall, it was a really good series!!
I recommend this series for all ages. I really enjoyed it!!



- maddy



lets talk



have you read any of these books?
which book is your favorite in the series?
have you read any books by Janette Oke?
what's your favorite book by Janette Oke?

9 comments

  1. Oh yes, this series! I think the first book is my favourite! I can understand how you might say Aunt Lou is too perfect, but there were times things didn't go right for her. Like the time when the preacher comes and she had gotton all muddy, etc, etc! I love that part! ;)
    I've read several series by her and David Bunn! I loved the "Acts of Fath" series! :)
    Hmm, I have no idea which would be my favourite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Rosalyn!
    I guess you're right. I forgot about that part! I know! I love that part too! :D
    I enjoyed the "Acts Of Faith" series too! I actually have two of the books in that series!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rosalyn Rooney5/22/2017

    My sister has all the books of the "Acts of Fath" series! Side note: I keep typing "Acts of Father" instead of "Acts of Faith!" :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well that's neat!! I bought the first book in the series for $2.50 and the second one for $1.00!!! And they're both hardbacks!! I was quite happy when I found them!! :D
    That's ok. I didn't even notice until you pointed it out. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rosalyn Rooney5/22/2017

    Oh that's really good--especially for hardbacks! :)
    Well I haven't published a comment with my mistake, I've fixed it. I just meant that I kept starting to write "Father" instead of "Faith." ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Abigail5/26/2017

    That's one of my favorite series she has written!!! I'm really enjoying your book reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for commenting, Abigaill!!! <3 :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gianna6/18/2017

    I LOVE Janette Oke! I haven't finished the series (actually, I am not yet finished with the 1st book yet) but I read ahead a little clips. Bad habit, I know! Haha :lol:
    If you haven't read "The Canadian West" series yet by Janette Oke yet, you really should! I LOVE that series!
    My favorite Janette Oke books are "When Calls the Heart" and the entire "Song of Acadia" series she wrote with T. Davis Bunn. Those two make a great team!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You'll love this series once you finish reading all of the books! :)
    I have read some of the "Canadian West" series books and I REALLY like them! And I love the "When Calls the Heart" series.
    I've only read one of the "Song of Acadia" books, but I really enjoyed it! :D And yes, they make an excellent team!
    Thank you so much for stopping by and commenting!

    ReplyDelete

kind words are worth much and cost little. so leave me a comment and make my day!

© little bit of sunshine. Design by FCD.