April 3, 2017

DIY mason jars

DIY mason jars
A good friend of ours from church gave Mama a bunch of old mason jars she didn't want anymore.
Kristen and I decided to paint them up. So we sat on our back deck, in the 80 degree sunshine, and painted them together. It was so much fun!!!

This is a really easy project, and the outcome is adorable!!!

What you will need:


  • mason jars

  • paint and paintbrushes (We used two different kinds of paint. But the chalk paint seemed to work the best)



Be sure the mason jars are all clean before you get started, then  paint away. Just make sure to paint in the same direction. :)

After ours dried, Kristen sanded them a bit to give them a distressed look, but that's not necessary.
(Photo credit to my little brother, Ben. He took a few of the pictures. Thanks bub!)

DSC_4005DSC_4006
DSC_4016

It felt so good to sit in the warm sunshine. I am so ready for Summertime!

DSC_4022
DSC_4031
DSC_4042
DSC_4051
I enjoyed a cold coke while painting, thanks to my Nana and Pop!

DSC_4054

And here are the finished products.

DSC_4170
DSC_4173... and my personal favorite (sorry for the blurry picture)
DSC_4176

Painting these were so much fun. And I loved taking some of the pictures!

Let me know in the comments if you give this DIY  a try and make sure to tell me how it turns out! :) -Maddy











Have you done any DIY's lately?

4 comments

  1. Fun! Completely unrelated, but this reminded me of coloring rocks on my Grandma's porch when I was little :).
    That first picture of the finished product is, as they say on Instagram, "so aesthetic", with all the cream and yellow and wood :D!
    Did you ever find out what was wrong with your kitty?
    Blessings,
    Bri S :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My nieces LOVE drawing on rocks! My sister Kristen draws on them also, and uses them to tell stories to her students in her Sunday School class!
    Oh thank you! I had so much fun taking pictures for this post!
    Yes, we had to put our cat down. We think he might have gotten into some poison. I miss him, but at least he's not suffering anymore.
    Thanks for stopping by Bri! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a clever idea!
    Oh, of course! Do not withhold credit where it is due :)...
    :( I'm so sorry. My Aunt has two older cats (16 and 17), and the 17 year old used to be my family's. Daddy became allergic to cats overnight, and we had to give Rissa to my aunt. But even though I was super little, I feel that connection to her of growing up with her for a time, and she's just the sweetest cat ever any way, so I love her soooo much. It's sad to think she probably won't be here much longer. My aunt fights for her cats though! She has a dream of running a retirement home for old cats through the years :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. We (us kids) are trying to convince my parents to get another cat, but they said they're not sure if they want another one because it seems like we always have to put our cats down. But they are still thinking about it. :)
    It is very sad when your pets get old. Our dog Gideon is six now and bullmastiffs only live 8-10 years, so we don't have very much longer with him.
    Oh really?! :) My sister Kristen LOVES animals and I could seriously see her running a home for any type of animal!

    ReplyDelete

kind words are worth much and cost little. so leave me a comment and make my day!

© little bit of sunshine. Design by FCD.