April 7, 2017

life post // shopping trip + april fools

life post __I haven't done a life post for quite a while. So I decided what better time than today!!! :)
(Sorry for the blurry photos. They were mostly taken on the phone)

If you read my last life post, then you might be wondering about our sweet cat, Thomas. Well, we had to put him down. He was such a sweet cat and I miss him a lot. We buried him under the shade of a tree where he liked to lay in the summertime.

DSC_3842

The ladies in our church took a shopping trip about a week ago. It was a lot of fun!!!Untitled designI got some good deals on some things. For instance, I got a jean skirt for $2.50 at goodwill!
I got a shirt at goodwill and another shirt on the clearance rack at the Loft, some lotion and hand sanitizer at bath&bodyworks, and a necklace at hobbylobby!!! I'm real happy!
DSC_3994
We ate at Chick-Fil-A for lunch!!! I got a grilled chicken sandwich, fries, and a lemonade!! Chik-Fil-A has the best lemonade!!!

Jason took Ben and I out on a bridge to get some pictures of the stars last week. The sky was clear, but right when we got on the bridge and got set up, clouds started rolling in. So I didn't get any pictures of the stars! :(
I did get a neat picture of a car passing us though, using shutter speed. I snapped the pictures in Raw, and since our computer is so old, it wont read them. So I couldn't upload them on here to show y'all.

April first was such a fun day!! I had been planning pranks for a few weeks!!!
I made "brownies" for my parents and grandparents!! They were a little disappointed when they found out they were literally "brown e's!!!"
DSC_4180
And then I put a paper cockroach in our living room lamp!!!
DSC_4181
I got Ben really good with that one! :)

The weather has been beautiful here!!! I've really enjoyed going outside!! Ben and I started our garden. We planted our tomatoes, beets, sunflowers, and carrots. We'll finish planting in a few weeks, when it gets a little warmer. I'm planning on canning the tomatoes and pickling the cucumbers! Hopefully it all works out!!
- maddy



Did you do any April fools pranks?
Are you doing a garden this year?

7 comments

  1. I did the cockroach one last year and completely freaked out my entire family. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so much fun pulling pranks!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw that is so sad that you had to put Thomas down. :( But yay for pulling some pranks on April fools!! We did the "brown e's" one year, but I forget what happened :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was very sad, but at least he's not suffering anymore.
    I know! I love pulling pranks! The "brown e's" one was a lot of fun, but my favorite was the cockroach! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just tried Chick-fil-a's lemonade this Monday... I went to a baseball game with my Grandpa, Aunt, baby cousin, and brother, and my aunt told me to try it. I have an obsession with chick-fil-a grilled cool wraps (soooooooo goooooood) and I love their fries and cookies, but I usually just get root beer whenever I don't get water... but the lemonade she gave me was deLISHious!
    Yeah! For clothes from Goodwill :D! That blue and red shirt, with the jean skirt and the necklace, would be adorable for a 4th of July cookout :D!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE Chick-Fil-A lemonade! I'm glad you finally got to try some! I found a copycat recipe for it on Pinterest that I'm going to try this Summer!
    I normally get the grilled chicken sandwich but I'll have to give the grilled chicken wrap a try sometime! Oh and the cookies are wonderful!!! :)
    I know! Goodwill is the best! :) That would be cute!!!! I'll have to keep that outfit in mind ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, my dad used to love when I would make lemonade for him when he would do yard work. It's been a while, I'll have to try the copycat and surprise him sometime :D!
    Let me know what you think if you try it! And we'd love to see the outfit together if you try it ;).

    ReplyDelete

kind words are worth much and cost little. so leave me a comment and make my day!

© little bit of sunshine. Design by FCD.