June 23, 2018

SUMMER IS HERE!!! || why summer is my favorite

 
 
Summer is officially here!!! *cheers* WAHOOOOOOO!!!! Summer is my favorite season ever (although Fall is pretty high up there on the list too). There is just something about Summer that makes me so happy. I'm always ready for Summer when it comes around. Maybe it's because Spring is right before Summer and Spring and me don't really get along too well. #allergies

But enough about Spring. Today we're talking about Summer and why it's my favorite season.

I love Summer for lots of different reasons. One reason is

THE WEATHER

The weather in Summer is just....THE BEST!!! The sun is warm and the skies are blue. A light, cool Summer breeze feels so good blowing against your warm face. The temperature is 80's and higher.

Going to the private river we always go to at least once in Summer and then getting back in the truck, rolling the windows down, and drying off from playing in water with the warm breeze blowing against you.
At night you catch lightning bugs and then sit on the back porch with the family, enjoying root beer floats and watching the sun set, while listening to the insects and frogs start up their orchestra (as Mama calls it).  
 

 

THE FOOD 

Foods fresh out of the garden like corn on the cob, watermelon, strawberries, & squash.
Fresh berries eaten right off the vine like blueberries, blackberries, & raspberries.
Having cookouts. Grilling.
Eating gallons of ice cream & soda floats & ice pops.
 
 
Oh, and my Pop makes this drink (he calls it "Blackberry Drink") that he came up with when he was a little boy living on the farm. He taught us how to make it. So in the summer we'll pick blackberries and we'll make it for him, and let him taste it to make sure we're making it right. It's perfect on a hot summer day.

 
 

OTHER THINGS I LOVE ABOUT SUMMER

 
skin gets darker and hair gets lighter. freckles pop out. fresh cut grass. farmers markets. fishing. swimming. t-shirts. searching for sharks teeth and sea shells. corn fields. plants sitting on the deck. riding in the boat. sitting on the dock. getting a farmers tan. barefoot. picking wildflowers. running through the sprinkler. seeing clothes and sheets blowing in the breeze while hanging on the line. washing the car. baseball caps. going into the cold library after being outside in the heat. and then eating ice cream afterwards. spontaneous trips with the family. the sunshine on your skin. gardening. watching the clouds. camping out on the screened in porch on a warm summer night. having the windows open in the house and watching the breeze make the curtains dance. having everything lush and green. summer rains and thunderstorms. the freedom. fireworks. the 4th of july. road trips. picnics. riding bikes.

 
 
 
 
Oh yes. Summer is definitely my favorite month and I am so happy that its actually here!
 
 
 
So what's your favorite season? What are some of your favorite things about Summer? What are you planning to do this Summer? What does your Summer look like? Lets chat in the comments! 
 
 
 

 


16 comments

  1. Okay. I have to agree with you that the food in summer is the best but the weather is another thing! Were we live it gets to be over the 100's!! I'm jealous! Haha! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES!! The food is THE BEST!
      Actually the weather here sometimes gets pretty hot. In mid Summer its usually mid to high 90's and sometimes low 100's. One year the heat index got to be around 115 degrees! Talk about hot! But I still love the weather in Summer anyway :)
      awwww thanks, Beth <3

      Delete
  2. Anonymous6/23/2018

    I have a feeling that your part of VA is cooler than mine :D I. Dread. Summer... bugs, humidity, and flash flooding are the WORST. I much prefer spring even with the allergies ;D ~Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know :D We have lots of bugs (lots of mosquitos and gnats since we live on a lake) and the humidity is pretty bad too. And here lately we've gotten so much rain we've been getting lots of flash flood warnings. NOT FUN. But then there are some days in Summer where the weather is just GORGEOUS! And those are the days I love! Those are the days that make me want Summer to never end :)

      Delete
    2. Anonymous6/23/2018

      Lol. Ok! Yeah, the rains washed out the bridges and the animal sheds flooded :/ ~Mary

      Delete
    3. Ugh...that's not good. Its been raining SO MUCH here lately. In fact, it just stopped raining a few minutes ago :|

      Delete
  3. this whole thing was just lovely. <33 i usually like summer but things are actually turning brown from how hot it's been. like, i'd expect that in august...but not JUNE!!! anyway, i still love summer cuz it's great. autumn is amazing too tho xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awwwwwww thanks, Paige <33 i'm so happy you liked it!
      It's been pretty hot here too, but we've been getting LOTS of rain so everything is staying nice and green.
      And yes! I totally agree with you :)

      Delete
  4. Summer is the BEST!!! How do you make "Blackberry Drink??" We just picked wild black raspberries on our property. We made a really yummy black raspberry cobbler with HOMEMADE vanilla ice cream to go with it!!! It's really gooooood!
    -Brooklyne :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES IT IS!! I LOVE SUMMER!!!
      Well you start off by getting blackberries (either picking them like we do or you can just buy them at the store). Then you smash them with a potato masher and then strain them using cheese cloth a couple of times. Then you add water and some sugar. Mix all that up, put it in the fridge until its cold and its all done. It's PERFECT on a hot Summer day :)
      YUMMMMM!! That sounds really good!!

      Delete
  5. I love summer too! I'm usually cold, so I love the warm weather~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rosalyn R.6/24/2018

    Allergies …. YES! Argh! I'm having that problem RIGHT NOW! :P
    Favourite season: autumn, although summer is amazing too!
    Favourite thing about summer: the warm weather and being able to get in the pool (only when we actually take it out and fill it... :P)
    Plans for the summer: Well, Saturday we're having a ladies tea party here at our house, late July and early August we'll be doing Holiday Bible Time (VBS) again. :) FUN!
    What my summer looks like: here in England, we have small spirts of summer every year. Not every day is really warm and glorious, but we cherish the days that are! ;) I guess it'll be a little bit busy of summer for us too.. :)
    Lovely post, Maddy! Loved the extra photos as well! Thanks so much for mentioning all that food, because I'm now very hungry! I haven't had any food yet tonight after service. *goes to get some* :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh...allergies are never fun :|
      Yeah. Summer is my favorite but I like Fall too xD
      Ahh yes! The warm weather! *sighs with pleasure* I got to go swimming in my neighbors pool while they were away, so that was a lot of fun!
      Your plans for Summer sound like fun! You'll be staying pretty busy then :)
      Thanks so much, Rosalyn! I'm so happy you liked it!
      Haha :D

      Delete
  7. Love the post, Maddie! That blackberry drink sounds amazing!! :) I'll have to try it someday!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much, Danielle <33 oh and blackberry drink is THE BEST! Let me know if you ever try it :)

      Delete

kind words are worth much and cost little. so leave me a comment and make my day!

© little bit of sunshine. Design by FCD.