September 11, 2017

fall is almost here y'all!!! || my favorite things about autumn


Fall is almost here!!! I AM SOOOO EXCITED! I CANNOT BELIEVE SEPTEMBER HAS ARRIVED. YAY!!!
Usually, right when I start school, I am ready for Fall. It is one of my favorite seasons for many many reasons, and today I'm going to share a few of those reasons with you!

 

The Weather


 
Low 50's, 60's and 70's!!! What can get better than that? The leaves start changing from green to burnt oranges, rusty reds, and golden yellows!! There is a crispness and the fragrance of wet leaves and wood smoke (from our heat moor) hangs in the air. There is nothing like a rainy fall day to curl up with a book, a fuzzy blanket, and a hot beverage.
We (my family) spend a lot of time outside in the Fall. Cutting, loading, and stacking wood for our heat moor, raking leaves, and picking up sticks. And at night, gathering around the fire pit, roasting marshmallows for s'mores, wearing flannels!! AHHH!! I AM SO READY FOR FALL!!!
 
 
 
 

The Clothes

 
Right when the weather starts getting cooler, Kristen and I will change out our closet from Spring/Summer clothes to our Fall/Winter clothes!!! I always have SO MUCH FUN seeing my Autumn clothes in the closet. My cowboy boots, my plaids, hoodies, flannels, and sweaters! The dark colors instead of the bright ones. Everything all nice and cozy!
 

 
 
 

The Food


The food is absolutely amazing in the Fall!! At least in my house. There is nothing like working outside in the crisp Fall weather and coming inside to a meal of homemade soup or the ultimate comfort foods such as meatloaf and roast beef with a heaping helping of mashed potatoes, peas or green beans, and a warm roll slathered with butter. Pumpkin and apple desserts. Warm fruit pies and cobblers!! Bread pudding with warm vanilla sauce. Apple cider, wassail, and hot cocoa. *takes a deep breath and exhales slowly* Oh yes.
 

 
 

The Feeling


I always feel a certain way in the Fall. Happy. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy in all of the seasons (except Spring because, you know, allergies), but there is something special about Fall. I feel like I can conquer the world! I always want to travel in the Fall. Normally, when we go on vacations it is during the Fall months. I always have great memories of traveling in the fall. My Daddy might have the windows down (even if it feels like a refrigerator) but if I have my hoodie and fuzzy socks, I'm good to go and it always feels AWESOME!!!!! The blue ridge parkway is especially beautiful this time of year, stopping for picnics along the way. TAKE ME THERE NOWWWWWW!!!
And Mama always makes the house SO COZY!! The aroma of fall scented candles, little lights throughout the house. It's so relaxing. It makes me feel so cozy and happy!
 
 

The Big Question


Fall or Autumn? Autumn or Fall? As you can see from this post, I usually use Fall more, unless I want to feel more poetic and then I use Autumn. So I guess you can say I use both, but I DO use Fall more! :)
 


 
 
I'm sure there are a lot of other reasons why I like love Fall that I have forgotten to mention. The schedules, the smells, the sounds!! As Anne Shirley would say, I am so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers! (And Septembers. And Novembers.)
 
 

 

 
autumn or fall? what are your favorite things about the season? what is your favorite season? what are your favorite foods during the fall months? do you have anything special planned for this fall?



28 comments

  1. I am so excited for FALL! I have a feeling that it will take a while for the weather here to cool down though. ITS STILL 90 degrees!! I use fall more often too! Hoping you have a wonderful fall!
    Simply Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOAH!! NINETY DEGREES? I'm sure happy it's not that hot here! It's been high 60's and low 70's!! The perfect weather in my opinion. Ahhhh....
      You have a wonderful fall too!!!!

      Delete
  2. Gotta say, I'm really going to miss summer- it's always my favorite season. But this was such a lovely, aesthetic post! :) <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually am too. Summer and Fall are my favorites!
      THANK YOU SO MUCH, Grace!

      Delete
  3. Anonymous9/11/2017

    Do you get the Nature Friend Magazine? ~Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I don't. I've actually never heard of it! :)

      Delete
    2. Anonymous9/12/2017

      Aww. You really should look it up. The Camp and Cabin Cookin' has some fun recipes! We really look forward to getting it each month! ~Mary

      Delete
    3. I looked it up and read bits and pieces of the sample magazines. It looks like a really fun magazine!!

      Delete
  4. I am right with you, SO EXCITED for autumn. Cozy and happy, just yes. Lovely post!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I CANNOT WAIT for Fall!!! awww thanks!

      Delete
  5. Pumpkin foods/drinks, the excitement in the air. :) Last year I made pumpkin spice lattes and pumpkin pancakes and pumpkin oatmeal 🍁🍂🍁 Maybe it's excitement for Christmas time, and snow. :) I really like Christmas time: Christmas lights, making cards, baking cookies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH YUM!! They sound SO GOOD!!
      I LOVE Christmas time!
      Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  6. Rosalyn Rooney9/12/2017

    I loved this post! :) Read on for more! :D
    It's Autumn, people! ;) Even before we came to England, I liked the sound of "Autumn" more than "Fall!" And since the British people say "Autumn," it worked out! ;) AND, who doesn't want to sound poetic! :D
    Goodness, I'll jut agree with all you said you like about this season! Seriously, it's amazing how different it is from the other seasons! Another thing you didn't mention was: It's the best time of year to take amazing photos! I'd say every photo taken in the Autumn-time turns out good (blurry or not)! :D *giggles*
    Favourite season? Autumn! ;) *gives a "didn't you know that" look*
    Ugh, a hard question! I think the pies and crumbles are my favourites (I think), but I love all the food! ;)
    Hmm, we're starting up our ladies get-together's again (on the 22nd). We do it once a month starting September and it goes until until May, I think, and then we take a summer break! :) We're also having our church's Harvest meal on the 8th of October. :) And yes, we're going to celebrate Thanksgiving in November! We still do although we're in England!!
    I'm just looking forward (I've already started actually) taking Autumny (why can't that be a word? :D) photos! Love wearing my sweaters and scarves too!!!! *clutches them all in my arms in a "bear" hug*
    Once again, lovely post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rosalyn!
      I like the sound of Autumn more too, but I DO say Fall more nonetheless! :)
      AGREED! *giggles*
      It sounds like y'alls church has some busy times coming up! ;)
      ME TOO!!
      awwww thanks again!

      Delete
  7. SOOO MANY FALL FEELS IN THIS POSSSST OMG <33333 I do love the colors and smells and flavors of fall...but it also makes me low-key sad because it means WINTER IS COMING wAAAH and winter is always so long and dark and cold in my part of the world and I'm just like ugh nooo no nope. xD BUT I LOVE ALL THE THINGS YOU MENTIONED HERE GAH :')

    rock on,
    abbiee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU SO MUCH!
      Oh me too! Right now thinking about winter makes me sad. I'm not ready for REALLY cold temperatures quite yet.
      Thanks again, Abbie!

      Delete
  8. Fall is so fun and cozy...but, for some reason I don't love fall, because I know that winter is just around the corner. I guess I need to forget about that, and enjoy fall! But I am excited for all the "fallish" foods like pumpkin cookies and sticky buns!! Mmmhhh!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh really? I LOVE winter, though I'm not quite ready for it yet! :)
      OH ME TOO!!! I CANNOT WAIT FOR FALLISH FOODS!!!

      Delete
  9. yessss fall <3 I'm so ready for it. And this most made me even more excited for it :) lol Great post! Enjoyed reading it.

    Ellie
    www.uniquelyyou1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would say Fall for sure! Though Autumn does seem to make more sense. :) Also, now I totally want to bake a pie while wearing a sweater with the windows in the kitchen open. I ADORE Fall! My favorite season, hands down. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY FOR FALL!! *high five* I adore fall too!! <3
      Thanks for stopping by, Erin!

      Delete
  11. I LOVE Fall too! I especially love baking in Fall bc there's so many fun things to make :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE baking in the Fall months too!!! Cookies and pies!!! Mmmm...
      Thanks for commenting, Rachel!!

      Delete
  12. I love fall too!!! The weather, the clothes, and the food are so wonderful... I too am glad that I live in a world with Octobers. And Novembers and Decembers. Not Septembers because its probably THE busiest time of year on our farm. >.<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!! Fall is SO WONDERFUL!!
      Thanks for stopping by, Kendra!

      Delete
  13. I put that quote on a canvas I have up in my Etsy shop :D! I love it so much!!!
    Autumn is definitely my favorite season! And I'm like you... I prefer "Autumn" but usually say fall??? Idk... But I just love the atmosphere of fall!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SAME!!!! <3333
      I LOVE Fall, but Summer is up there a lot too. And I LOVE Christmas time. I guess you could say I like all of the seasons, except Spring xD
      Totally agree! :)

      Delete

kind words are worth much and cost little. so leave me a comment and make my day!

© little bit of sunshine. Design by FCD.