September 4, 2017

back to school || i cant believe it's school time again + school tips

 
 

Ok. So first off, why did Summer have to go by so fast?? It just flew by. But overall, it was a great Summer and I hope Summer 2018 is just as good!!!
 

I start school tomorrow. *takes deep breath*  I cant believe this is my last year in school. I am a senior. I am graduating next year. In nine months. I have been doing school for eleven years (unless you count kindergarten, and then it would be twelve).
My attitude is a little different this year than it's been in other years. I really want to learn and apply myself this year and make my senior year count. I don't want to be disappointed with myself when I graduate and I've asked the Lord to help me keep this attitude throughout the school year.
I've learned a lot in eleven years, and I'd like to share some of my tips with y'all!!!



This a very big tip, even though I don't always do it. Eating breakfast helps you concentrate during the day. At least if you eat a healthy breakfast. For example, eggs, oatmeal, fruits, etc. Foods like this give you some extra energy for your day and help you stay alert.



Make sure that your notes make sense and that you're writing neatly so that you can read and study from it later. Last year I wrote my notes in one and then copied them neatly onto another for studying. This really helped me a lot (and it's a plus because you're writing the notes out twice which is kind of like studying) and I'm going to do it again this year!!



Asking questions always helps me out. Since I'm homeschooled, I go to my Dad or Mom, and normally they have the answers. But then there's always good old Google!!


Review your notes. Go over them every night or go over them before your class. Just make sure to review at least once a day.



Make sure that all of your books, notes, and anything else you use for that class are organized and ready to go.

 

Make sure that you have a steady schedule for going to sleep. Go to sleep early so when you wake up early, you wont be tired. And make sure to at least get 8 hours of sleep a night.
My schedule this year that I'm going to try to keep is having lights out at 9:30 and waking up at 7:00. This seems like a good plan if we can stick to it!! ;)

 

 
If you're are homeschooled, you may want to make a schedule for your classes. Here is a schedule paper that I got from Pinterest that I've been using every year since I started high school. It really has helped me out!!
Here is a rough draft of my schedule.

7:00 Get Up
7:30 Bible

8:00 English

8:45 Literature
9:05 Exercise
9:35 Government
10:20 Music
10:45 Financial Peace
11:45 Lunch
1:00 Internet
2:00 Writing
2:45 Homework


 

It might change a little over the year, but for now, this is what I'll be going by.

 


Do your homework first. Get your schoolwork off of your mind and then you can enjoy the rest of your evening.

 

Don't procrastinate. It's stressful. 'Nuff said. ;)

 


Make sure to think positively and always do your best. No matter what. Always try to have a good attitude and ask the Lord to help you get through every day!


So, I hope these tips have helped you out!!!
A goal for myself is to keep straight A's in my senior year. I know that will be very hard, but I'm going to at least try. Who else wants to try it with me???







when do/did you start school? what grade will you be in? do you practice any of these tips? do you have any tips that I didn't mention? are you going to make it a goal to keep straight A's? 

10 comments

  1. Rosalyn Rooney9/04/2017

    We started school today (Monday) and it went well!!!
    I'm in my last year as well (I think I've told you that thousands of times already, but one has to repeat things, right?). ;)
    I think I practice a couple of the tips you mentioned, but I really need to do more of them! I've been trying to get up earlier for a while now and I'm loving it! I'm going to try to to make a schedule! :) We start school at 9:30, so we have plenty of time to do my normal duties and devotions if I get up at 7:30!
    I can't guarantee I'll be getting straight A's this year, but I'll try my best!
    I'm definitely going to try to have this school year the best I've had so far! Although it's my last, I just now realized that I should have worked so much harder in my earlier years of schooling! Definitely some bad memories from the past couple years, but I'm going to try my best this year!
    Olivia is going to be doing speech with met his year because she didn't do it when she was in 12th grade! It will help that someone's doing it with me! I don't know about you, but I have a really hard time memorizing things! The first poem in my spelling book (if you're using the Abeka spelling book, then you know which one I'm talking about) is about death. Quite depressing! :P
    Ohhh yes, I have a tip! ;) Make sure you have a cup of tea while you're doing school! That always helps me! :D haha!
    Thanks for all the tips! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great!!!
      Right!!! ;)
      I know!! Getting up earlier always makes me feel so good!! I got up at five thirty a few days ago and I ABSOLUTELY LOVED watching the sun rise!! IT WAS GORGEOUS!!!
      That's exactly how I feel. Me too!!
      That will be fun doing it together!! I don't have a problem memorizing things as long as it's not TOO LONG! :)
      I'm doing English in ACE this year so I don't have to do poems and spelling! Thankfully!! :D
      I'll have to try that!! Tea is always SOOO GOOD!!!
      Thanks for commenting!! :)

      Delete
  2. Anonymous9/04/2017

    I graduated from homeschool last spring. Those are all very good tips though! ~Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great!! Thank you, Mary!!

      Delete
  3. These are great tips that everyone needs to hear! :)

    Great post! Hope you have a blessed senior year!!

    Ellie
    www.uniquelyyou1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!
      You have a blessed school year too!!!

      Delete
  4. I actually can't wait for school to start. It starts Sept 25 for me since I'm going to college. These tips are so good!! Sometimes if I can't get homework all done at night I'll wake up early in the morning to do it. IS THAT WEIRD? Kind of.
    Simply Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good!!
      THANK YOU SO MUCH!!
      I don't think it's weird. I actually do it myself sometimes!!!

      Delete
  5. I like how you made a schedule with your different subjects at different times. :) We've done that before, and I might do it again. I have a question though. What do you mean by homework?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANKS! It really has helped me out. A LOT!
      Well, I AM homeschooled so I do ALL of my work at home. But I DO have extra work and assignments and study time in the evening (just like any public schooler would) that I have to get done.
      Thanks for commenting!

      Delete

kind words are worth much and cost little. so leave me a comment and make my day!

© little bit of sunshine. Design by FCD.