October 30, 2017

October in Review || Hello November -- hiking + the state fair + I got a letter from the white house + lots of funnies



 

HAPPENINGS


 

Daddy took Kristen and I hiking! It was a BEAUTIFUL day to be outside!
 
 
We went to the STATE FAIR and met some friends from church up there!
 
 

My goal is to be finished 12th grade by February. I started in September and I've been working SO HARD to finish up early. I'm almost half way!! WOOT WOOT!!!
 
 
 
I went to a concert with some friends!!! IT WAS SO MUCH FUN!!!!
 
 
I got a letter back from the White House! THE WHITE HOUSE!!!! Maybe I'll do a post on that soon!?!?!
 

I FINALLY had my piano recital (I had it at my piano teachers house)




Daddy and Mama surprised us kids and gave us each one of these books! THEY.ARE.ADDICTING.


Our heat stopped working and while we are waiting for it to get fixed, we have to use our woodstove! Nice and toasty!
 


Kristen, Ben, and I walked around the whole lake and then spent the rest of the afternoon on the dock soaking up the sun. IT WAS SO RELAXING!!!

I WON BRI'S GIVEAWAY!!!!!

FUNNIES

 


ben: After doing connect the dots before bed. *sleep talking* "108. 109. 110....."
 
 
 
me: *talking to Kristen and a friend from church about Kristen in a teasing way* "She's a weird breed of potato."
friend: *wont stop laughing over "breed of potato"*

 

Being sick and thinking I was extremely weak after trying to pick up a bench I had easily moved before, and then realizing there was a crate full of magazines on the built in shelf under the bench.
LIKE WHAAAAAAATTT??????
 
 

 
 

ben: *talking to Kris* "Have you grown?"
kristen: "No. You dont grow when you're 23."
ben: "You wanna bet?
kristen: *in sad voice* "No."


*during dinner I hand Ben a roll* ben: *singing* "When the roll is called up yonder I'll be there."

 

 

THANKFUL FOR

 

my friends (the squad)
 
 
sitting on my parents bed and talking with them before going to bed.
 
watching the kids in the church nursery
 
 
 
driving my car (his name is Richard xD)
 
getting up early to take care of Gideon (our bullmastiff) and the chickens and seeing this beautiful view on the lake
 
 
the weather (ITS FINALLY FEELING AND LOOKING LIKE FALL OUTSIDE!!!)
 
long conversations with Kris
 
getting this book as a gift at my piano recital
 
 
 
 

BLOG POSTS

http://littlebitofsunshineweb.blogspot.com/2017/10/state-fair-2017-food-smells-and-rides.html
 
 
 

 

 

OCTOBER GOALS

 

read two new books  (not textbooks)     Check. I almost read four.
 
try a new recipe (something fallish)   Check. I made pumpkin cream cheese bundt cake. It was delicious!
 
write more  Check!

do a fallish photo shoot    Check
 
 

 

NOVEMER GOALS

 
 read three new books
 
write 10,000 words for my WIP, "The Room."

exercise more
 
 
 
October was such a great month, even though it did go by way too fast. October is my favorite month in Fall and it's gone. Goodbye October. Hurry back :)
 
 
 
 
 
 How was YOUR month? Something funny that happened in October? Anything exciting happening in November? What are some of your goals for November? What is your favorite month in Fall?




 

9 comments

  1. Rosalyn Rooney10/30/2017

    *cries* I know, October went way too fast!!!!! I always enjoy these review posts, so I can't complain! :D
    So glad the month went great for you all!!
    A hike sounds great!!
    I'm hoping I can be done with school by May (*coughs* We'll see! :D)! I'll explain why in my reply to your email ... I WILL reply soon, sorry it's taken so long!
    Ohhh yay about receiving a letter from the WHITE HOUSE!!!!!!!! :D
    A recital!! You got a trophy too!! Wow! Good for you!!!
    We have loads of those dot-to-dot books!! I have to be in the mood to some though!! hehe!! :D
    YOU WON A GIVEAWAY!!! That's great! I don't think I've ever won one! :D
    Those jokes!!! And that gif!! :D If you haven't noticed, I've gotten into the mood for gifs (ahhheeemm, on Goodreads! :D)! ;)
    Cute pictures!!!! And that lake pictures .....!!!! <3 So glad you got your October goals accomplished! Hope the November goals go just as well! :)
    Ohh yep, only two days to go until NanoWrimo! :D Seriously?! :D
    Well, we're going to have Thanksgiving still, but other than that and writing my book, nothing else is happening!
    I also think October is my favourite month is the Autumn, but I wish Halloween wasn't at the end of it! :D
    Loved the post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *cries with you* AHHH THANKS!! :D
      It was AMAZING! I ABSOLUTELY LOVE HIKING! It's probably one of my favorite things to do! :)
      You can do it, Rosalyn! I'll be looking forward to reading that email! xD
      I KNOW! I was so excited when Daddy and Mama brought it in the room to me!
      Yeah. I'm sure glad that it's over with. *wipes sweat from forehead*
      Really?!?! Aren't they fun? These are adult dot-to-dot books and they are SUPER hard. Like they have 400 dots!
      HAHA! Yeah I love gifs! Yep I've noticed! LOL!!!!! xD
      awww thanks! ME TOO!
      Hope it goes well for you! <3 Make sure to keep me updated!
      Thanks, Rosalyn!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on winning the giveaway Maddy!! It looks like you had a wonderful month :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww thanks, Shalom!! It WAS a wonderful month! :)

      Delete
  3. What a great month you had, Maddy. And please do a post about what your letter from the white house said. I'm dying to know if the president wrote you back personally. :) I've been thinking about writing the president, but when I saw you did, it inspired me even more. :)

    Love
    Ashley
    ashleysyarnworks.etsy.com
    creatingpreciousmoments.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IT WAS AWESOME! And I'll definitely do a post on that soon! You SHOULD write a letter to him and then make sure to let me know if he writes you back! :)

      Delete
    2. I will definitely let you know what he says if I do write him. I look forward to reading your post! :)

      Love
      Ashley
      ashleysyarnworks.etsy.com
      creatingpreciousmoments.blogspot.com

      Delete
  4. I like the "Funnies" section!! 😋 what did you write the President about? We went to visit family for a couple days, and that was fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ME TOO!! They always make me laugh!
      I'll be doing a post on that soon. HOPEFULLY! xD
      That sounds A LOT of fun! Glad that you enjoyed yourself!

      Delete

kind words are worth much and cost little. so leave me a comment and make my day!

© little bit of sunshine. Design by FCD.