October 27, 2017

We Are Fearfully And Wonderfully Made (God Made Us Different For A Reason)



My sister let me borrow a little devotional book that she has and I recently started using it. One of the lessons really got me thinking and I'd like to share some of my thoughts with you.




Sometimes I get in my moods and everything about myself I wish I could change.


      "Oh, look at that girl. She's so pretty. She doesn't have one single bit of acne on her face. I wish I was that pretty."

     "That girl is so sweet. She never does anything to make people mad or irritated. I wish I was more like her."

     "Look at her hair. It's so thick and wavy and it's the prettiest color. And she has the perfect eye color to match. I wish I could look more like that."

     "She has all of the attention. Everybody likes her, especially the guys, and, well, I wish I could be more like her."


I struggle with thinking these things ALL OF THE TIME and I KNOW that a lot of you girls do too.


WE NEED TO STOP THIS RIGHT NOW!!!!

 
"I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well."
                                                        - Psalms 139:14



God has made each one of us differently. Each with our own abilities. Each with our own personalities. (Wouldn't it be boring if we were all the same?)
He knew our names, what we would look like, what our struggles would be, and what our personalities would be like before we were even thought of. Before we were even born. HE KNEW YOU!



"Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee;"  
                                                               - Jeremiah 1:5a
 


God made you the way He wants you to be and He wants you to be content with how He saw fit to design you. You are fashioned by the hand of God. He made you different than "her" for a reason. So you can fulfill His purposes for your life. If you were like "her" than the Lord wouldn't be able to use you like He wanted to. Like He planned.
Also, we need to stop telling ourselves that we're are ugly, because WE ARE NOT! God made us in His image (Genesis 1:12) and He loves us the way we are.
And it is not about what we look like on the outside anyway.

 
"...for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the Lord looketh on the heart."
 
                                                       - 1 Samuel 16:7b
 

Really, all we should be concerned about is our hearts. We need to make sure that we are all right with the Lord.

I wrote this post for me just as much as I wrote it for you. We all need this reminder. It can get hard sometimes I know, but we need to remember that God made us all different for a reason. For His purpose.



Also, Bri is having a giveaway on her blog. Go enter NOW!!!!




 
 What are YOUR thoughts on this? Have you ever felt like this?
Did it help you any? Anything to add? Did you enter the giveaway?
 
 
 
 
 

14 comments

  1. Wow, Maddy! I think this is something we all struggle with more than we realize...we are always thinking "if only!" Thank you so much for this reminder! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I struggle with it A LOT. Thank you so much for reading! <3

      Delete
  2. you're so right...it's about our heart. Thank you girl!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you're so kind. Thank you for reading!!

      Delete
  3. This is such a beautiful post, Maddy! Sometimes I go down a rabbit hole wishing I were "different." But then the Lord wouldn't be able to use me, because I would be someone else. Thank you for this reminder <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Audrey! I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN I FEEL THE SAME WAY.
      Happy it helped <333

      Delete
  4. Rosalyn Rooney10/29/2017

    Amen!! This is so good and very true, Maddy!!! :)
    Definitely a topic for people to hear, me as well! I know I think the same things and it's not right! Then we get people telling us how pretty we are and we don't believe them! :( Smile and say Thank You, girls!! :)
    Thanks so much for this! It was very good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rosalyn!!! :)
      Definitely. I think every girl struggles with feeling this way.
      You are so welcome!

      Delete
  5. There's so much truth in this post, Maddy! It's such a precious thought that God planned every part of who we are, and we can rest in that. I also really like how you emphasized if we were all the same we wouldn't be able to fulfill the different purposes God has for us! Thank you. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These thoughts of mine have really been pressing on my heart lately, and I felt like I needed to share it with other girls who might be feeling the same way.
      SO happy that you enjoyed reading it!
      Thank YOU!

      Delete
  6. This was an awesome post, Maddy. It was an encouragement to me. Thank you for sharing it. :)

    Much love,
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ashley! I'm so happy that it encouraged you!! :)

      Delete
  7. I love this! I definitely struggle with comparing myself to others and wishing I looked like them or had their talents or abilities. It can become a bad habit if you let it! I love that you peppered this post with Scripture because what the Lord tells us is the truth, not these lies in our heads or in our culture. Thank you for this! I need to go to the Word more to find my worth and this was a great reminder. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Erin! I think a lot of people have these struggles and it definitely can become a bad habit. I know it was becoming a habit with me.
      Thank you for reading! :)

      Delete

kind words are worth much and cost little. so leave me a comment and make my day!

© little bit of sunshine. Design by FCD.