August 14, 2017

transferring your blog from wordpress to blogger (why I did it and how to do it the easy way)



A few days ago, I transferred my blog from wordpress to what I'm using now, blogger.
I was having a hard time with wordpress. There were 1) ads that kept on popping up, 2)  I couldn't upload videos or audios, and 3) The price to remove all ads and upload videos and audios was OURAGEOUS. Also, blogger had better templates that you could download whereas wordpress didn't.

Anyway, it took me quite a while to figure out how to transfer my old blog to my new blog. If only I could have found this little site sooner than when I did find it. Well, here is the link. It practically saved my life.
Now, go here (its called "Google blog converters") It gives you all of the instructions.



If you're wondering where I got my template, go here. I LOVE these templates. They are so cheap (I paid $5 for mine) and the owner even offers to install it for you for FREE. But if you decide to install it yourself (like I did), well, the instructions are just really clear! The owner was very easy to work with and they said that if I had any questions, I could contact them and they'd be delighted to help. So I highly recommend them!!





So that is how I transferred my blog. I hope it helps you and your blogging journey. The only negative thing about transferring blogs is that I lost all of my followers. But hopefully soon I'll get up to what I had before. :)

Also,  Abbiee helped me out A LOT with some of the details on my blog that I couldn't figure out! She is also the one who recommended the site where I got my template from and she answered all of the questions I had. THANK YOU SO MUCH, Abbiee!!!

And remember, if you have any questions, comment below or email me at madelynsunshine@gmail.com.











do you use wordpress or blogger? are you going to transfer your blog? which blogging site do you prefer? were the instructions easy to understand? how do you like my new design? did you follow my blog? 

16 comments

  1. Ooh, wow, this is so cool! I have been wishing for like a year now (I've been a blogger on WP for 3+ yrs) that I could switch to blogger... and this is crazy! I'll check it out, thank you SO much for sharing this!
    And cute new blog, of course. ;)
    -Angela | thepeculiarmessenger.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are SOOO welcome, Angela!! I hope it helps you!!
      Thank you so much!

      Delete
  2. Rosalyn Rooney8/15/2017

    Well, at least I'll know if ever I need this!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your new blog! It's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your new blog Maddy! I use blogger, and really like it!

    Shalom
    afarmgirlsrandomness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Shalom!!
      I'm really liking blogger too!!

      Delete
  5. I like blogger because of all the cool stuff you can do!!!
    (bethinboots.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am VERY happy I switched over to blogger!! :)
      Thank you SO MUCH for stopping by, Beth!!!

      Delete
  6. I love blogger- and now I can follow you :)! Haha :)! Welcome to Blogger!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Maddy, *waves*
    I just heard about your blog from Abbiee. I love your design - it's so clean and pretty!
    I love this tutorial too - I know it's going to come in handy one day! But I'm curious: where you able to move all your blog comments from WP too? Or did you have to start from scratch?

    cheers.
    k.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Keira!! *waves back*
      AHHH THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!
      To answer your question, YES It did allow me to move all the comments, although it didn't move the profile pictures of the people who commented.
      Hope that helped. And don't hesitate to ask if you have any more questions. <3

      Delete
    2. It did help, thank you so much!

      cheers.
      k.

      Delete
    3. You are so welcome!

      Delete

kind words are worth much and cost little. so leave me a comment and make my day!

© little bit of sunshine. Design by FCD.