August 28, 2017

solar eclipse and daddy's birthday || my best friends are gone (but i had so much fun!)


We witnessed the solar eclipse!! It was so neat!!! I really wanted to get some eclipse glasses, but they were all sold out by the time we actually were going to buy them, so Daddy made an old time eclipse box, that actually worked very well!! It was neat!


 

We celebrated Daddy's birthday!! He requested pork chops, mashed potatoes and green beans for dinner!!! We also surprised and made him hot wing dip and chocolate chip pound cake!!! It was all delicious!!





My BEST friends came and stayed from Tuesday to Saturday with us! I had such a good time. The worst thing about their visit was that it didn't last long enough. It flew by. But I am so happy that they got to come stay with us!!


 

 



 
 
 
 

We went to a bookstore on Friday!!! They had a deal where you filled a bag of books as full as you can for $7.00!! I got 30 some books for $7.00!!! I was SO EXCITED!!!!
We rode on the gulf cart for hours (which was so much fun!!!) while we listened to music and talked!!

I am so blessed to have friends like Abigail, Joe, Stin, and Anna!!! They are so much fun to be around. I feel like we're like family (I actually feel closer to them than some of my real family! lol!)! We have fun being crazy together (we certainly did some crazy things this past time) and I love it that we're making wonderful memories together!! :)
Can't wait til next time!!! :D



 
what have you been doing lately? did you watch the solar eclipse? when do you start school? what grade will you be in? 

8 comments

  1. Cool! For the solar eclipse we used boxes and stuff too! I started school two weeks ago!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Beth! I had A LOT of fun watching the solar eclipse!!!

      Delete
  2. Anonymous8/28/2017

    We got to see the total eclipse from TN! It was amazing! ~ Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is SO NEAT, Mary!!
      Thanks for stopping by!!

      Delete
  3. That's so cool that you got to hang out with your friends! Yes, we watched the solar eclipse with a welding helmet! It was so cool. I am in 10th grade, and we officially started school last Monday!
    And I am embarrassed to say this, but I left a contact form on your "old" blog =( I'm not sure if you'll still get it or not. But anyway, sorry!
    Have a great day, Maddy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were going to watch the solar eclipse with a welding helmet, but then we remembered we didn't have one anymore. But I still enjoyed watching it with the box!! :)
      I got your message and I'll get back with you as soon as I can!! Hopefully I can help you! :)
      You have a great day too, Shalom!!

      Delete
  4. Rosalyn Rooney8/31/2017

    Looks like a lot of fun!!!!!!! :)
    We didn't have the solar eclipse here in England, so no, we didn't see it! :) I saw some photos though! :)
    We start school on the 4th (Monday) ... all the kids are excited! I'm neutral, though! :) I'm going to help my youngest sister learn to read this year! We'll see how that goes! I'm going to be in my last year, this year!! Wahooo! :P Can't wait to be done! :)
    Love that photo of the mushroom, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did have a lot of fun!!!!!! :)
      That sounds exciting, Rosalyn!!!
      Yay!!!! You'll have to come to the states so we can graduate together!!! :D
      Awwww thanks!!

      Delete

kind words are worth much and cost little. so leave me a comment and make my day!

© little bit of sunshine. Design by FCD.