August 21, 2017

my current wip "the room" || synopsis and snippets

 
 
I am in the process of writing a book that I'm calling, "The Room." The name may or may not stay that after I'm finished it!!

Story Line:

Three young men are robbing a gas station. One girl unknowingly wanders in during their holdup. She witnesses a murder and is knocked out and taken hostage. She is imprisoned in a dank, cold room in a dilapidated trailer. The men watch and soon notice something different about her. She has forgiven them. She shares the story of a Savior who died for everyone's sins. They can't understand why she has forgiven them. Can't understand why a God, so holy and powerful would love the likes of them. Die for them.

So that's a little peek into what my story is about!! Not a very good synopsis, I know, but at least you know a little bit of what I'm writing! :)

 


I got all of my photos from Pinterest and made the collage on Canva.

Main Characters:
Lauren (Age: 19) (Girl on bottom right)
Jonas (Age: 23) (Guy on bottom left)
Simon (Age: 24) (Guy on top left)
Thomas (Age: 20) (Guy on top right)



I'm having SO MUCH FUN writing this story!! Kristen, my sister, has been helping me out A LOT with it. Helping me come up with ideas, different plots, and writing. THANK YOU SO MUCH KRISTEN!!!
I was writing another book called "The Deceiver", but since I wasn't finished plotting it out, I decided I better just save that and start something else.
I've been writing "The Room" for five days and I am SO HAPPY with how it's going!!
I love my characters, my settings, the dialogue!! EVERYTHING!!!

Here are some snippets from my book. I haven't edited any of them, so bare with me please! :)



The 1998 burgundy Ford Fiesta pulled into the antiquated Express Stop gas station and parked in one of the pavement cracked parking spaces. It lurched to a stop. Jonas removed the key from the ignition, then rested his dry hands on the ripped steering wheel, his gray eyes staring straight ahead.
"I wont be long", Simon affirmed as he opened his squeaky door in desperate need of oil, and slammed it shut. He adjusted his coat while he searched the property for any sign of a policeman, and then trudged into the gas station.



"Remember the plan?", Simon asked as they sat waiting in the gas station parking lot. Jonas pulled out his gun from the inside of his coat and checked the bullets. He looked at Simon and Thomas and said, "We're only using these to scare him. No killing."
He looked at Simon more closely. "No killing", he repeated.
He placed the gun back in his pocket and buttoned his coat.
"Let's go."





"We gotta get out of here now!", Jonas demanded.
"I'm not leaving her here alive", Simon promised. "She's seen us. She's seen everything!"
"We'll have to take her with us", Jonas decided as he saw Thomas holding her limp body. "We'll figure out what to do with her later."
"I don't like it", Simon hissed.
Jonas got in Simon's face. So close he could feel the warmth of Jonas's breath on him.
"That's what we're doing", Jonas said between clenched teeth.





 In a haze, Lauren could hear people mumbling, but their voices sounded like they were in in tunnels. Her vision was blurry and she could barely make out the silhouette of a man sitting beside her. She felt the floor beneath her vibrating as if moving.
I must be in a car.
The faint smell of sweat and blood  filled her nostrils. The next second, she was out again.



So, there are a few of my snippets! I'm only on chapter five, so it's not that many snippets, but maybe I'll get more on here soon!!! :)


Also, HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my wonderful Daddy!! I LOVE YOU SO MUCH and I hope today is very special for you!!







 
 
 
 
 


what was your favorite snippet of mine? do you want me to share more in the future? do you like to write? what genre of books do you like to write? tell me about the book you are writing. what are your characters like? 

9 comments

  1. Rosalyn Rooney8/21/2017

    That sounds so exciting!!!!!!!!! :D The snippets were amazing ... I think my favourite was the third one! And I think you should put more out in the future!
    So glad the book is coming along great! ;) You kind of already know how my writing is coming along, so I'll subside from saying it all on here!
    Please tell your Dad I said "happy birthday"-hope the day is special! :)
    {Side Note} I think this comment has about hundred exclamation marks! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU SO MUCH, Rosalyn!!!!
      The part with the 3rd snippet was SO MUCH FUN to write!!!
      Me too!
      He said thank you very much!
      haha!!!! :D

      Delete
    2. Rosalyn Rooney8/26/2017

      I sent you an email (not in reply to the one with the photos) ... I had sent it yesterday (Friday) I think. Just wondered if you got it.

      Delete
    3. Yep I got it! I already signed up for it and I should be getting the book soon! :)

      Delete
    4. Rosalyn Rooney8/28/2017

      Great!!! :)

      Delete
  2. This sounds really interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Proud of you and all your writing endeavors!! My favorite snippet was the last one. I like how you picked the pictures of all the characters. For the reader, you don't have to formulate in your mind what you think the characters are going to look like. Keep it up and can't wait to read more!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU, Katy!!
      I'll send you what I've got so far soon!! :)

      Delete

kind words are worth much and cost little. so leave me a comment and make my day!

© little bit of sunshine. Design by FCD.