May 12, 2018

running the race

 
 
Years ago, there was a man in a foot race. He began the race well. Keeping his breathing steady, he pushed harder and went faster. So fast that the ground below him blurred; his steps pounding in time with his heartbeat. But he lost his footing somewhere along the way. Feet entangled, he fell onto the ground. He wasn't down for long though, for as soon as he could, he jumped back up and finished the race, coming in 1st.

This story (which is, in fact, a true story) is what we Christians are doing. We are all running a race in this earthly life. And sometimes we do stumble and fall. We aren't perfect, so we are going to make mistakes. But we can either just lay down and give up, or we can stand up and continue on. Even though it may be hard, and we may be hurting, we need to get up and finish the race. We need to finish the race so we can hear the Lord say at the finish line, "Well done, thy good and faithful servant."


The idea for this post came from a message I heard from a special speaker at my church. I decided I needed to share it with y'all.

::::

Summer-like weather is on us. YAY!!! Today it's in the mid 90's!! But my bad allergies keep reminding me that its not Summer yet *sniff sniff* But soon. Very soon... :)
Well I'm off to go babysit. See you next week! *waves*


 
What are your thoughts on winning the race? What's the weather like where you live? Do you have problems with allergies too? How are you spending your Saturday?
 

 
 

13 comments

  1. That is such a good message for us as Christians! I always enjoy reading parables like this. :)

    The weather here is sort of dull and we're expecting a storm tonight, which will be good for the flowers at least! I haven't had any outdoor allergies this year, just inside from the spring cleaning dust. :)
    ~ Megan Joy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy you enjoyed reading it, Megan Joy :)
      Oh yes, I definitely understand about the allergies from spring cleaning. Mine are absolutely terrible.
      Thanks for commenting <3

      Delete
  2. Great story, very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Even though it may be hard, and we may be hurting, we need to get up and finish the race." Yes <3.
    Despite it feeling like the hardest thing ever to face in that moment, we can't stay down and waste the lesson, we must look up to Christ. We can't look at our efforts, but at HIS accomplishments and purpose to follow His guidance when our heart is heavy <3.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading and commenting, Bri <333

      Delete
  4. This is such a good reminder! I can definitely relate to this. Thanks for sharing!
    -Brooklyne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank YOU for reading, Brooklyne :)

      Delete
  5. I love this! I also really love the pictures: they are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! Congratulations on getting your braces off! That's so exciting!
    You look so pretty!
    ~Alice~
    P.S I tagged you over at my blog! mygoldenjourneyblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Alice!!! I'm very excited! And thanks for tagging me :)

      Delete
  7. Great post! I really like the second to last and last picture! Is the little story in the beginning about Eric Liddle? Because that’s something that once happened to him. (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rosy!!! I'm not sure who it was originally about, I just heard it from a guest speaker at our church :)
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

kind words are worth much and cost little. so leave me a comment and make my day!

© little bit of sunshine. Design by FCD.