May 5, 2018

APRIL Monthly Wrap Up



kris: *in tractor supply parking lot* "Hey look." *points to a man walking out of the store holding a dog bed* "Looks like some doggy is getting a new bed. Or maybe it's for his pet pig."

- got my graduation dress

- and my graduation ring

 
- i also have my cap & gown and my invitations

- me: "Would you rather have giant teeth or big long feet?"
  seven year old niece - "Big long feet. That way I can get to Virginia faster."

- THIS MEAL WAS SO GOOD!!! I wish we had a Canes where we live *sniff sniff*



- went on a road trip to OK to see my family and in the process visited so many states I had never visited before!!

- made my first ever travel video!!! You can view it by clicking here.

- Daddy: *a second after driving out of Kansas* "We're not in Kansas anymore, Toto."


- met the newest addition to our family, Levi!!! <3 p="">

 
 
 

- Emma (my two year old niece) talking about Levi: "I hope he grows."
 
- went on a blogging hiatus

"I've got a freeze burn." - 4 year old niece after drinking a milkshake

- had over 60 people come and visit our church. Let's just say it was very packed, but it was SO MUCH FUNNNN!!! The preaching messages were great and then after church we played games inside and outside. And I got to make a new friend :D


- went on a Baptist History tour with these people ^^



- I've been able to go barefoot outside for the past few days!!!!

- me: "Isn't it weird how water doesn't go in our skin?"
kris: "Yeah. We're waterproof."

- got kayaks!!!!!!! AND I LOVE THEM!!!!!!!




- ate at a yummy Mexican restaurant in OK and lemme tell ya, it was somethin' good.

 
 
 - read lots of books while on my trip

- got a surprise visit at my church from my grandparents!

- sneezing my head off because you know...allergies.

:::::
So overall, April was an awesome month. From going to OK to visit my family and meeting my precious little man to taking a ride in the country with my family on a Sunday afternoon and stopping by the tasty freeze for dinner. It was a good month. But I'm excited to see what May brings :)



How was YOUR April? Favorite thing that happened? Have you ever been to OK? When's the last time you took a road trip? What are your plans for May? Let's chat in the comments :)
 
 
 

12 comments

  1. Looks like you had a great April! Getting so close to graduating is so exciting (and kinda terrifying, tbh) Good luck with finishing out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did!! It was a great month! I KNOW!!! I'm very excited, but it is kinda scary too, isn't it :O
      Thank you <3

      Delete
  2. Ah yeahy got kayaks? SO JEALOUS!! I'm saving up :p
    Haha we have a favorite restaurant that we always have to go to when we go up to NE, it's called Runzas and MO didn'td have it..I would move back up there just for it tho.
    Aww I have a brother named Levi, so cute!!!
    It's neat you were so close to Missouri! It'd be so much fun to meet each other :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you'll love kayaking, Paige!! It's such a blast!
      And I love the name Levi!
      It would be fun to meet each other! Maybe someday... :D

      Delete
  3. Great wrap up post! Looks like you had a really fun trip!!!
    -Brooklyne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Brooklyne <3 We had a great time together!

      Delete
  4. I loved reading this post!
    You're graduating! That's so cool! I graduated a couple years ago (feels like yesterday XP). It's kinda weird when you're done. It didn't really hit me until the next school year when my younger siblings were doing school and I wasn't. ;P

    The last time I took a road trip? well, it wasn't really a for-fun road trip because we were driving 3,000 miles to my Great-Grandpa's funeral. Didn't know we were going until like 12 hours before we left. And then we were pressed for time to get there for calling hours. I hated every mile. *laughs* I so want a redo. xP

    Plans for May? I'm going to NH to visit my sister who just got married and moved out there! Also my grandparents live there, along with aunts and uncles and cousins and such xP It should be a fun trip! I went last year (in May too xP) and it was a blast! I'm flying with my sister and two aunts (our aunts are young- 25 and 21 ;P) I'm a bit nervous about the traveling part, but it's getting closer and closer and I'm getting excited to be there! xP

    I hope your May is amazing!!

    ~Daminika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Daminika!
      I KNOW!! I'm so excited!!

      Ugh...that doesn't sound too fun. But maybe you'll be able to go on another for fun road trip here soon :)

      That sounds like SO MUCH FUN!!!!! I hope y'all have a lovely time together <3

      Thanks!! You too <3

      Delete
  5. Hello, Maddy!

    Your road trip video brings back memories and makes me want to go road tripping somewhere. Road tripping is SO much fun, isn't it?

    "I hope he grows!" Haha! Kids are so cute!

    I wanted to apologize for accidentally deleting your comment on my blog. I'm sorry, but I can't recover it! I have now changed my comment moderation so if something like that happens again I should be able to recover it.

    ~Emily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Emily!
      Thank you! I had SO MUCH FUN making the video! And YES, I LOVE road tripping!
      Oh that's totally ok, Emily. Don't worry about it :)
      Thanks for stopping by and commenting <3

      Delete
  6. Hey, Maddy!
    Looks like you had a great month!! Thanks for the review, it was fun :D
    My month was good...and we actually took a road trip to Florida in April (which you've read about on my blog ;)) and we had a good time!
    As far as OK, I've never been there! Maybe some day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did!! It was great! I'm so happy you enjoyed reading it :D
      Have a lovely May, Shalom <3

      Delete

kind words are worth much and cost little. so leave me a comment and make my day!

© little bit of sunshine. Design by FCD.