January 29, 2018

j a n u a r y wrap up -- life in january + snow + playing tennis || hello february


LIFE IN JANUARY:


- The year 2018 started. I'm still trying to get used to writing 2018.

- We had an AWESOME New Years Eve celebration as a family.

- It SNOWED!!!




- it snowed again

- Our septic pump stopped working for a few days and us kids had to go stay with neighbors.

- Our ៱ Neighbor ៱ fixed us some AMAZING meals!

- UPDATE: THE SEPTIC PUMP FINALLY WAS FIXED!!!!

- realizing that the winter sky is my absolute favorite!




- lil boy at church: "My brain is smarter than the human teeth."


- I celebrated my ONE YEAR BLOGIVERSARY with the help of all of you! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

- My friends came for a visit and we had SO MUCH FUNNNNN!!!

- me: *busy at the sink draining beans*
  kris: "I feel drained. Physically and emotionally drained. I feel kind of like those beans."
  me: ???
  kris: "You know. Drained?"

- Gideon was keeping me company while I was doing my morning devotions!



- Our neighbors had us over one night to eat appetizers and play Skip-Bo and Phase 10

- We met some friends for a day of tennis. It was an absolutely beautiful day!

 
^ ^ On the way to play tennis. Yes, we were VERY squished xD
 

 
 
- me: *casually talking* "So...."
  ben: *finishes my sentence by singing* "...this is Christmas."


- I ATE CHINESE FOOD which is always a highlight for me xD

- I'm getting my flu shot today



BLOG POSTS






 
 
 
 
 
 
 

JANUARY GOALS


- work super hard in school so I can be finished 12th grade by February  CHECK!!!

- read at least two books CHECK! I READ FIVE. 

- write at least 5k in my wip

- practice manual on my camera more CHECK

- start exercising CHECK.

 

FEBRUARY GOALS

 
- finish school
 
- read at least two books

 - keep on exercising

 - write more




January definitely had its ups and downs, but overall it was pretty great.  I cant wait to see what February brings :)


 
How was YOUR month? Favorite thing that happened? When is the last time you ate Chinese? Have you ever played tennis? Did you complete your January goals? What are some of your goals for February? Lets chat in the comments below :)
 
 


14 comments

  1. Anonymous1/29/2018

    Congratulations on finishing up 12th grade!!! Are you planning to continue studying? I didn't get the flu shot, but my brothers did and they're sick!! ~Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mary!!! I'm actually planning on taking a year off and then I guess we'll see what happens :)
      Oh no. I hope they feel better. We're all really sore from it, but so far none of us are sick.

      Delete
  2. It looks like you've had a great month! LUCKY YOU GOT SNOW. I need snow. All we have in the PNW is rain. Rain. And more rain. Topped of with clouds. xD

    Micaiah @ Notebooks and Novels

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure did!! I LOVE GETTING SNOW!!
      Wow what a beautiful place to live, even though you do get a lot of rain xD

      Delete
  3. Rosalyn Rooney1/30/2018

    Wow, January is nearly over already??? How in the world!! I always say months go by so fast, and they do! :D
    This month was great!! I think my favourite thing about it was visiting Scotland - of course, who wouldn't be excited about that! ;)
    I actually don't know when I last ate Chinese! I know we haven't eaten any this year yet ... we always make homemade Chinese, but sometimes we treat ourselves and get some authentic Chinese from the takeaways! ;) It's soooo good! :D
    I haven't played Tennis before, but I have played Table Tennis - which is ping-pong! British people call it Table Tennis, which makes sense ... it's just a small version of the real Tennis! ;) I'd probably be awful at the real thing! :p
    I'm looking forward to February ... well, because it's my birthday month!!! *jumps up and down* And I'll be 18!!! :D Someone we know is SOOOO excited that I'm turning 18, it's hilarious! :D She just goes on and on about it! :p
    Yay for accomplishing most of your goals!! *overlooks the one you didn't finish* ;) I'm still writing "Journey by Accident" and that's going well. Hope you can write some in your book next month!
    Goodbye, January!!!! *cries* ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW!! I CANT BELIEVE IT'S OVER!
      Oh yes! That was DEFINITELY a highlight for you :D
      Really? I absolutely love Chinese food!! We've made homemade general Tso and homemade fried rice before and it was SO GOOD!
      Ping pong is SO MUCH FUN! We have a ping pong table at our church and we (the young people at church) play every Sunday and Wednesday. Tennis was a lot of fun too. It was the first time I had played since I was like 8, so it took quite a while getting used to it again ;)
      YAY!!! *jumps up and down with you*
      I hope I can too :)
      Happy February, Rosalyn <3

      Delete
  4. Love this post!! It’s so awesome to look back on the first month of the new year and see all of the fun stuff and things I’ve accomplished! And, also, the “so this is Christmas” thing is SO funny! That sounds like my family😋 Have a great February!!
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much!!! I love writing my monthly wrap up posts!
      HAHA, I laughed so hard when he said that to me xD
      awww thanks! You too, Lydia <3

      Delete
  5. Great wrap-up post! Sorry I haven't been very active in following your blog. *cringes*
    Ooh, Chinese food is really good! There's Chinese restaurant near us that we love and my mom used to work at. Its delicious. :) I have never played tennis, but it looks fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kendra! Oh that's totally ok :)
      I KNOW! I LOVE Chinese food! Tennis is a lot of fun. I hope you get to play it sometime :)

      Delete
  6. I don't make monthly goals but I think I might start this month. :) Other than that, my month went pretty well.

    Lily @ lilymaesday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yay!! I cant wait to read what your goals are :) That's great, Lily! Happy February!

      Delete
  7. I love the picture of the sky and snow! Congrats on doing well with your goals!!
    Laura
    flowersinmybasket.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Laura! The picture of the sky didn't even come close to capturing how pretty it was in person, but I had to get a picture anyway :)
      awww thanks!!

      Delete

kind words are worth much and cost little. so leave me a comment and make my day!

© little bit of sunshine. Design by FCD.