January 19, 2018

Two Truths And A Lie Tag || I was tagged by Lydia

 


Lydia from A Bit Of Life tagged me for this tag, and I have to say that I think it's been the funnest tag I've participated in yet! Thank you SO MUCH, for tagging me, Lydia!! <3
The rules:
1. Write three short stories. Two of which are from my real life, one of which is made up.
2. You (my followers, readers, friends, commenters, whoever you might be) get to guess in the comments which one out of the three stories is the made up story. PLEASE let me know what you think in the comments below. I will be revealing the answer sometime soon.

So, lets get this rolling.


1. As my eyes watched the ride slowly lift off the ground, the scent of funnel cakes and Italian sausages wafted through the air. The ride went higher and higher up. The people who were on the ride were swinging their legs and laughing. My face tilted upward as I continued to watch the ride and the peoples faces. The ride stopped suddenly at the top and a few seconds later it dropped. Screams echoed through the air and I knew that I wanted to ride that too. I walked up to my friend. "Will you ride that with me?" Her eyes moved in the direction of where my finger was pointing. "Sure." We made our way to the gate and waited for the man to let us through since we were the first in line. He finally opened the gate and we quickly found a seat. Both of my friends were sitting beside me and I gave them both a smile. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes. Was this really a good idea? The ride started and it began lifting off the ground. My family watched me from below and I gave them a thumbs up to assure them I was all right. My friends and I began swinging our legs and we laughed together. My heart began racing as my family grew smaller and smaller. The fair looked beautiful up so high. It was dark and the lights shone brightly as I watched the tiny figures of people running around getting on rides. The ride I was on stopped abruptly and I clenched my fists and shut my eyes tightly. The ride dropped and my stomach felt as if it rose up to my throat. It was over. I looked up at my friends and grinned. "That was awesome! Let's do it again!"




2. The summer sun beat down on my skin as I reached down and pulled a weed beside the squash plant. "Weeds sure do grow fast", I told my brother as I pulled another one out. "You're telling me", he replied, holding up a container full of weeds. We chuckled and then we turned our attention back to our work. A light breeze brushed against my flushed cheeks, feeling like a piece of heaven. I stopped working and slowly closed my eyes, my lips turning upright to a grin. "Maddy, don't move." My breath got caught in my throat and I froze. My eyes shot open quickly. "Why?" I whispered.
My brother neared slowly. "Why?", I repeated. He grabbed a shovel slowly and lifted it up above his head. "Are you teasing with me? What are you doing?", I asked, not feeling quite as scared anymore. He rammed the shovel to the ground with a thud and my eyes followed it down. I screamed and jumped up. A snake lay dead right beside where I was sitting, now cut in half. "He could have bit me."
My brother rolled the snake over with the shovel. "Looks like a copper head. You better be happy it didn't bite you."
Shivers ran up and down my spine. "Well, I'm glad he's dead." I started for the house.
"Wait for me. Let me tell Daddy, since I killed him", my brother yelled behind me. I began to run.
"Hurry up, slow poke!"

 



3. "Go faster, Maddy!", my friend exclaimed as we rode the gulf cart together. I floored the gas and the gulf cart went faster. It couldn't go but so fast because the gulf cart that was made for three people now held six people. It was very tight, but it was fun. My hair blew in the breeze and laughter was heard tricking around as we grinned at each other. The summer sun beat down on our skin as a gust of wind blew our hair once more. I have the best friends ever, I thought to myself as the gulf cart rolled on. I hope nothing ever changes.  

 

 
 
So, there are my stories. And like I said before, PLEASE let me know which one YOU think is the lie. I'll be posting the answer on my next blog post.
 
I tag:
 

 
Anybody who wants to do it :)


 
 



Which one do YOU think is the lie? Are you going to do this tag? Leave your link to the tag in the comments (if you do it) so I can check it out!
 
 

24 comments

  1. Ooh, I like all these stories! My guess is 2.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!!!! I cant wait to reveal the answer :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks so much for doing this Maddy!! Your first story especially is SO well written, my heart was actually pounding because I’ve experienced that ride before and know exactly how it feels!
    This is so hard to guess!! Oh, I have to say number 3 is a lie, although #2 sounds too crazy to be true! Great job!
    ❤️ Lydia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for tagging me, Lydia!! I absolutely LOVED writing these stories! It was so much fun!
      And thanks for guessing! :)

      Delete
  3. I've done this tag before but mine was a little different. Mine was called 'Two lies and one truth' here's the link; lilymaesday.blogspot.com/2017/12/2-lies-and-1-truth
    I'm guessing #3 is a lie. I'm so excited to see the answer! I've gone on a ride like the one in #1 before and I LOVED it!!
    Lily @ lilymaesday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read that post of yours and I really enjoyed it!!! Thanks for the link :)

      Delete
  4. OH MAN THIS IS SO HARDDD!!! #2...I guess :-\
    If #1 was true, was it at worlds of fun??? ( if it's nottt, well, do whatever you want XD) I've been to worlds of fun, and rode a ride JUST like that!!! It was amazing! 😃
    I might just do this, it looked so fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for guessing, Paige!
      I rode it at our State Fair. It's called The Drop Zone and I LOVED it!!!
      Oh and you should most definitely do it :)

      Delete
  5. Rosalyn Rooney1/20/2018

    Oh fun!!!! :D
    I guess number 2 is the lie ..... ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for guessing, Rosalyn :)

      Delete
  6. CutePolarBear1/20/2018

    I say #1 is the lie.

    CutePolarBear

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is great Maddy! I can't decide which one is a lie...but I guess I'll say #2 =)
    You did an awesome job =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you SO MUCH, Shalom!!!!! I had a lot of fun doing it :)

      Delete
  8. I'll guess #2's a lie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I feel like #1.
    It does sound like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for guessing, Brianna! And it was a lot of fun!

      Delete
  10. Number #2. *shivers* This looks like a fun tag, I think I'll do it when my blogoversary is done! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!! I cant wait to read your stories!! :)

      Delete
  11. Ooh, I've heard of this tag! I'm guessing... the second one is the lie? I'm not so sure!

    xoxo Abigail Lennah | ups & downs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for guessing, Abigail!!

      Delete
  12. I didn't think it would be number two... It sounds the least believable but I thought that it was a trick 😅

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha!! Yeah, it was pretty unbelievable *nervous laughter* :D

      Delete

kind words are worth much and cost little. so leave me a comment and make my day!

© little bit of sunshine. Design by FCD.