January 1, 2018

December in Review -- christmas parties + snow + tacky light shows + baking cookies || JANUARY 2018 IS HERE!!!!

 

WHAT HAPPENED IN DECEMEBER


- We had an ugly sweater party with the young adults / teenagers of our church, the children's church Christmas party (i helped with it), and then our church white elephant gift exchange Christmas party. IT WAS ALL SO MUCH FUNNNNNN!!!!

- We got the first snow of the year!!!! 8 inches. It was ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!!!! But I didn't take as many pictures as I wanted to.



- I finished up my government. YES!!!

- My family had a TERRIBLE experience. It had been snowing for some time, and on our way home from Walmart we see this guy standing in the middle of the road. As we near, we notice his face is covered in blood. He had wrecked his car into a gully and his face went through the windshield. He was up and walking around and talking to us, but it was really scary. We stayed with him until emergency services arrived. We called him the next day to see how he was doing and he said he was fine. I am so thankful that it wasn't any worse than what it was.

- More air soft wars with friends.



- Looked at Christmas tacky lights with my family and friends! SO MUCH FUNNNNNN!! (and we also ate at Arby's together!)


( ꜛ sorry it's so grainy ꜛ )
- We made TONS of sweets for Christmas. Thumbprint cookies, gingerbread cookies, chocolate chip cookies, peanut butter balls... Mmmmm....



- Watched all of our Christmas movies and listened to tons of Christmas music


- Had two Christmas dinners (plus leftovers). We had Christmas dinner with just my family and then we went over to my Grandmothers house and had Christmas dinner with my extended family!! SO GOOD!!

- I took our family Christmas pictures


- Went over to our friends house for dinner and let me just say the food was AMAZING!!!

RANDOM / FUNNY MOMENTS


Kris was talking to me about money while she was making cookies.
her: "It's not like your rolling in dough, although I am right now."


I smashed my finger and it was bleeding and I showed it to Ben.
ben: *looks at my finger and then back at me* "Do you want to play piano tiles with me?"
me:




kris: "My elbow smells good."



lil kid talking to me about my braces: "You have ugly x's on your teeth."
me:


I was talking to some friends about a lady who had triplets.
me: "She had three triplets."
him: *sarcastically* "I knew someone who had four triplets once."



"People are rolling in here like oranges."  -- ben


Ben comes in from the 40 degree weather. "It's actually a lot warmer in here than outside."





me: *points to an acne bump on my forehead* "This is what you call the third eye."
kris: *points to an acne bump on her cheek* "This is what you call the third cheek."
me:



kris and me kidding with each other
kris: "I know when I've been insulted!" *pauses* "I know when I've been inpeppered."





BLOG POSTS








DECEMBER GOALS

 

finish government in school     CHECK! I'M SO HAPPY THAT I'M FINALLY FINISHED!!!
relax     CHECK!!


 

JANUARY 2018 GOALS

Ok. I CANNOT BELIEVE THAT 2018 IS HERE LIKE WAHHHT???

 
 
 
I have A LOT planned for 2018 and I AM excited, but it's just hard to believe that 2017 is gone. History. Poof.
I have tons of new year goals I have set for myself, but I'll just be sharing the ones I plan to get done in January.

- work super hard in school so I can be finished 12th grade by February

- read at least two books

- write at least 5k in my wip

- practice manual on my camera more

- start exercising



So today starts another year. A year of new adventures. A year of new possibilities. A year to make new memories. I'm really excited in some ways, but in others I'm sad. My life is slowly slipping by and I just want to grab it and tell it to stop. But I have to remember that 2018 is bringing so much stuff I haven't experienced before. For one, I'm graduating high school. That in itself is really scary to me, but I know the Lord will hold my hand and get me through it.

So, I hope you have a WONDERFUL new years day today!
*whispers* and guys. i have a surprise coming up next week!!  *screams* I'm SO EXCITED!!! shh...
 
 
 
How was YOUR month? Something exciting that happened? Any random / funny moments? How was your 2017? What are some of your goals for the new year? Lets talk in the comments, shall we?
 
 
 




14 comments

  1. SO NEAT reading about your month!!! And that does sound scary about the guy, but I'm glad that y'all helped him! <33 The funny stuff was hilarious XDD and I THINK BRACES ARE ADORABLE. there ya go, I've said it...now everyone will probably think I'm weird but I always have and I always will just think that. I'm gonna need braces and while I'm not /excited/ it shouldn't be the most horrible thing I guess. :\
    And that snowwwww!!! so pretty!! <333

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm SO HAPPY you enjoyed reading it!!! It WAS scary, but I'm glad that we were able to help him.
      HAHA!! Thanks! xD
      Wow, really? Well, I guess its good since you said you'll be getting them. And having braces isn't as bad as I thought it was going to be, even though I CANT WAIT to get them taken off this year!! Only a few more months!! When do you get yours put on?
      VERY PRETTY!! <333 It's all melted now though *pouts*

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you've had a really nice time! Your Funny Moments always put a smile on my face. And I know it is unbelievable how years fly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That I have :D And thanks, Rachel! They're always my favorite thing about my wrap up posts!

      Delete
  3. Looks like you had a great month, Maddy! Karis says the cutest things...especially about that third cheek. Lol. Is she your sister?

    Hope you have a wonderful new year!

    Love in Christ,
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It WAS great! Haha, yup she's my sister :)

      You too, Ashley <3

      Delete
  4. My 2017 was great! I did a lot of stuff and learned so much. Wow, you're fishing 12th grade in February! That's GREAT! Happy New Year to you too!
    Lily @ lilymaesday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so good! And yes, I'm hoping to. At the rate I'm going, I should be able to ;)
      Thanks, Lily <3

      Delete
  5. Rosalyn Rooney1/02/2018

    What a fun month!! :)
    2017 went very well ... can't believe it's over already!! :D
    Hahaha, those funny moments were so funny!
    Wow, I hope you can get done with school by then!! I'm hoping to get done around May, but we'll see! :) I'm not working extra right now, but I probably will have to!!
    Yay for accomplishing your goals! I hope you get your goals done for this January! :)
    OHHH, I can't wait for the surprise! ;)
    HAPPY NEW YEAR!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It WAS fun!! :D
      I'm so glad!!
      Haha!! I LOVE THEM!!
      We can do this, Rosalyn! *fist bump*
      I hope so too. I was just reading them over again today and I was like, "Will I be able to get all of these goals accomplished?" But we'll see what happens.
      ME EITHER!!! *squeals*
      HAPPY NEW YEAR, ROSALYN!!

      Delete
  6. Hope you do great with your goals!!! I can't wait to hear the announcement!
    Laura
    Flowersinmybasket.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Laura!! I can't wait to announce it!!!! :D

      Delete
  7. Lol, I am so going to share that with friends! "I've been inpeppered." LOL.

    Super fun post Maddy. Congrats on being so close to graduating! I'm trying to shoot to finish by November, but it depends on how many hours of PE I actually get done. *hides behind someone*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL!!!! Kris (my sister) made me laugh SO HARD when she said that to me!!

      awwww thanks, Libby May!! <3
      Hopefully I can finish. I have a lot of English looking at me, soooo *cough*

      Delete

kind words are worth much and cost little. so leave me a comment and make my day!

© little bit of sunshine. Design by FCD.