June 26, 2017

book review || tortured for his faith

book review __

I read this book about a year ago and I loved it! Haralan Popov's faith is incredible. He is tortured so much and still he remains faithful to the Lord.

tortured_for_his_faith1

Tortured For His Faith
By: Haralan Popov
146 Pages
5 Stars

summary_ (taken from amazon) 1

Tortured for His Faith: An Epic of Christian Courage and Heroism in Our Day. Haralan Popov was the pastor of one of the largest churches in Bulgaria. The Communist government imprisoned him for 15 years.

my review

I really loved this book. Like I said earlier, Haralan Povov's faith is incredible. He amazes me. He loved the Lord so much that he was willing to go through years of torture for Him.
I recommend that every single Christian read this.
You can purchase the book here.

Also, Happy Birthday to Kris, Ben and Emma! Kristen and Ben's birthday is on Wednesday. They share a birthday and are nine years apart. Kristen will be twenty three and Benjamin will be fourteen
Emma's birthday was last week and she turned two.
I love all of y'all so much!

- maddy

lets talk

have you ever read Tortured For His Faith?
how did you like it?
do you enjoy reading real life stories?

7 comments

  1. Tabitha6/26/2017

    Hi Maddy,
    I was wondering if this book would be age appropriate for Caleb....he will be twelve in September. Thinking it may be a good book for a book report for him.

    Thanks,
    Tabitha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in the middle of a book right now, Hearts of Fire from The Voice of the Martyrs. It features 8 biographies of Christian ladies who have suffered for their faith in recent years. It is very intense, I don't recommend it for young people, because the content in the first story was very graphic- it's definitely an adult book. It is heart-wrenching to read about how some of these girl's families completely turned on them because of their faith. One girl, is still on the run in the Middle East, her dad wants her dead. Luckily, she met a Christian man and married him. This book has definitely been an eye opener for me. We are blessed to not have to deal with persecution. The one thing I see from each story, though, God was and is near to each one that was sufferingđź’• Thanks for your book review. I've not read it. Maybe it'll be next on my list!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Mrs. Tabitha!
    I think it would be appropriate for Caleb. There are a few intense scenes, but I don't think it's too much for a twelve-year-old. Its not as intense as "The Hiding Place" by Corrie Ten Boom if you've ever read that.
    Thank you for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never heard of that book before. I'll have to look into it and ask my parents if I could read it.
    Thank you, Chayah Grace! Let me know, if you read it, how you like it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rosalyn Rooney6/27/2017

    Wow! That sounds like an amazing book! I haven't read it either. Olivia might have heard of it, I'll have to ask her! Thanks for giving us the review. :)
    Happy Birthday to Kris, Ben, and Emma! I hope they had great days!
    I emailed you, by the way. ;) I don't want to sound like I'm impatient or anything, but I don't think I can get around it! :D I'm really not ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is an amazing book! :)
    They said thanks for the birthday wishes!
    Sorry I haven't gotten to reply back sooner, but I just sent you an email.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rosalyn Rooney6/27/2017

    That's perfectly okay. I understand! I was being silly when I said I was impatient ;)

    ReplyDelete

kind words are worth much and cost little. so leave me a comment and make my day!

© little bit of sunshine. Design by FCD.