November 13, 2017

LETTERS FROM THE WHITE HOUSE || Happy Veterans Day


Back in July I wrote a letter to President Donald Trump and his son, Barron Trump. I was kind of nervous sending them out 'cause it was going to the White House and stuff, but I got a reply one day in October! Daddy and Mama brought it in the room to me and I did everything in my power not to rip it open. When I finally got it open, I saw a beautiful stationary letter from Melania Trump (I guess she was writing for her son, Barron)



 Ms. Madelyn,
The President and I received your recent note. We appreciate you thinking about our family.
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.
 
Sincerely,
Melania Trump


I was pretty excited! I didn't expect to get any more letters, but sure enough I got yet ANOTHER letter from the White House! This one I was even more excited about. IT WAS FROM THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES!! His letter was a little longer and more personal.



Dear Madelyn,
 
Thank you so much for your thoughtful letter and prayers. It is an honor to serve as your President. I always enjoy hearing from young readers like you.

With your faith and determination, I have not doubt you can do anything to which you set your mind. Think big and dream even bigger! You are the future of our great Nation.
 
May God bless you, and may God bless the United States of America.
 
Sincerely,
Donald Trump


It was SO NEAT getting letters from the White House and it will be something I'll never forget!


Also, I want to say "Happy Veterans Day" to all of the veterans. I thank every one of you so much for living so selflessly and bravely for our country. May God bless you all.


Have you ever written a letter to somebody important? Did you get a reply? What did they say? Do you know anybody that was/is in the military? 


 
 

16 comments

  1. Ahh, that's so cool! Wow, I wonder how many letters they receive. Probably a lot, so that make sit even more special! <3

    ~ Ella Marie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it was so neat! I'm not sure, but definitely A LOT.
      Thanks for commenting! <3

      Delete
  2. Wow, that's amazing! You'll be showing those important letters to your grandchildren one day! :) Just two days ago, I was able to hand over a letter to a few of my favorite "famous" people and I still can't believe it actually happened! Thanks for sharing your exciting story!
    ~ Megan Joy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW! Wow, that's exciting! Let me know if you get a reply! :)
      I've thought about sending some letters to some of my favorite actors and actresses, so maybe I'll do that soon.

      Delete
  3. Wow! That would be so neat! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IT WAS VERY NEAT!!!! Thank you for reading! :D

      Delete
  4. This is so very nice! Letters are always so much fun to write and receive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree! I ABSOLUTELY LOVE getting letters in the mail! There's just something special about it!

      Delete
  5. This is so awesome!! I have written a letter to one of my favorite actors a while back (probably about a year ago) and have not gotten a reply. But I'm still waiting for it. ;)

    - Lilly :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's neat! I've thought about doing that before, so maybe I'll do it soon. Let me know if you get a reply! :)

      Delete
    2. I'll be sure to let you know!!
      I felt the Lord really poured out my heart for her and that she may not know the Lord. So I asked her if she knew Jesus Christ and mentioned John 3:16. ;)

      Delete
    3. Ok!!!! :D
      That's great! Maybe the Lord will use your letter to touch her heart, so she'll come to know Him as her Savior.

      Delete
  6. That is so cool you received a letter, Maddy. You have totally inspired me to write the President a letter too. I just gotta figure out what to say now. :)

    Much love
    Ashley
    ashleysyarnworks.etsy.com
    creatingpreciousmoments.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW!!! I was SO EXCITED when I found out I actually got a reply!
      really??? Well make sure to let me know when you get a reply, ok?

      Delete

kind words are worth much and cost little. so leave me a comment and make my day!

© little bit of sunshine. Design by FCD.