July 22, 2018

WHY WRITING LETTERS IS BETTER THAN EMAIL


Recently (as in a few months ago) I started writing letters to some friends. I’m currently pen pals with four girls (two of which are from other countries) and I have to say that I LOVE writing letters. It’s become a hobby. There are so many reasons why I think writing letters is better than emailing. Here are just a few :)


REASONS WRITING LETTERS IS BETTER THAN EMAILING

  • You get an adorable envelope that the person created just for you.
  • Letters are more personalized. People leave their own personal touch on them.
  • It's so much more fun getting a letter in the mail than an email in your inbox.
  • You can send a wonderful surprise!  (MORE ON THIS LATER)
  • You get to see the persons handwriting.
  • And you get to practice your own handwriting.
  • You get to hold it in your hands and cherish it forever
  • They can never be accidentally deleted.


And remember when I said something about the "surprise" in the envelope? Well now let's talk about that.
Whenever I write a letter, I try and put a little something special in with the letter. Here are some ideas on that.

  • a pressed flower
  • a postcard
  • a sticker
  • a recipe
  • a photo
  • inspirational quotes
  • lyrics to a favorite song
  • a key chain
  • candy & gum
  • stationary
  • sticky notes
  • coloring pages or little puzzles (ex. crossword, word search, etc.)
  • maps
  • garden seed packets
  • book marks
  • tea bags
  • a get-to-know-you question form
  • magnets
  • mail tag

There you have some ideas for a little something special to put in your pen-pal's envelope.


So yes, letter writing IS better than emailing. Do I hear an amen? xD

So now, you should go write a letter. You can write a letter to your best friend, or your sister, your grandparents, or maybe even an elderly person in the nursing home. You’ll realize just how much it is!



Do you like emailing or writing letters better? When was the last time that you wrote a letter? Are you pen-pals with anybody? What is something special YOU think would be neat to add to a letter? Can you think of any other reasons why writing letters is better than emailing?





24 comments

  1. I love writing (and getting!) letters! Another reason writing letters is better than emails, is that years later they can be found by children, grandchildren, and great grandchildren and read. I really like the tea bag idea! I've gotten that in a letter, and tried it once too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great reason!!! (i wish i had thought of it xD) And yes, the tea bag idea is one I haven't used yet, but I hope to soon :)
      Oh, and I replied to that question you sent me :)

      Delete
    2. Oh yes! I did see that; sorry for not replying! It's really neat that we don't live that far apart!

      Delete
    3. Oh that's ok, Laura :) And it's very neat!

      Delete
  2. I LOVE THIS ♥ I'm so inspired now XD especially because I was wondering before if writing letters was better than just texting or emailing, these are all such great reasons though! Writing letters is definitely more personal and the fact that it isn't going to be deleted or lost somewhere in cyberspace is great too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU <33 i'm SO HAPPY that it inspired you!!!

      Delete
  3. Writing letters are so much fun! Great ideas!
    -Brooklyne

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't written a letter in FOREVERRRRRRR but I always want to!! I love your ideas, and I just might have to write one someday ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you should write a letter soon! I'm sure you'd love it :)

      Delete
  5. Snail mail is my absolute favorite thing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Snail mail is the best! I need to go back to using it more!
    Rejoicing in Hope,
    Bri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. agreed :) thanks for commenting, Bri!

      Delete
  7. I love snail mail so much more than email. I'm thankful for email, but getting and sending real letters through the mail is a pure delight. And I always enjoy adding extra items in my letters. :)
    That's really neat you have a pen pal in another country. How fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice to know that some people still enjoy writing letters :) It's become something that I have come to really enjoy!

      Delete
  8. Letter writing is my favorite thing! I was talking to someone yesterday about how no one sends letters anymore. We got into this conversation because I mentioned writing to friends! TEA BAGS in letters is such a golden idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you SO MUCH for stopping by and commenting, Vanessa <33

      Delete
  9. Snail mail is such an amazing thing. Unfortunately, I haven't had much time to do it lately, but this might be enough to inspire to try and pick it back up again. Add a bit of color to it? XD <3 Wonderful post!

    Danielle | silverphoenixwriter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes it is!! awwwwwww thanks, Danielle!! And thank you for stopping by my blog :)

      Delete
  10. Loved this, Maddy! Snail mail is so fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Rosalyn Rooney7/31/2018

    YES!! Writing letters is so much fun!!! :) So much more personal than emails!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is!! Thanks for commenting, Rosalyn <33

      Delete

kind words are worth much and cost little. so leave me a comment and make my day!

© little bit of sunshine. Design by FCD.