March 30, 2019

A LIFE UPDATE


Hey guys! It's been forever since I did a life update. And I have a lot that's been going on :)

I got all four of my wisdom teeth out on February 28th. And since they were impacted, I had to get them all CUT out. It was my first "real" surgery. I was SO nervous. But I had tons of people praying for me and it all went smoothly. It felt so weird getting put out with the anesthesia and they had a hard time waking me up afterwards. I don't remember much, but I do remember them helping me into a wheelchair, and then I went back to sleep. I woke back up when they were rolling me to my car. I saw Mama and Daddy from a distance and they looked like two super long shadow people, haha! I almost fell down when I was trying to get in the car, but I finally made it and I think I slept most of the way home. I was SO hungry, but I couldn't eat anything because my mouth was so numb. I think I feasted on ice cream for nearly a whole week. And my mouth got so swollen a few days after my surgery that I looked like a chipmunk, haha xD Anyway, the holes are nearly closed up now and they don't hurt at all anymore :)


I've been staying busy with my nanny job. While I was over at their house one beautiful sunny day, we were outside and Christopher saw me taking pictures of flowers. So he ran inside and grabbed his iPad so he could take pictures too! I think he's just realized that he enjoys photography, which works out great! So we've been going around and taking pictures together of the flowers that have just started to bloom. I think it's really cute and it's something we can do together that we both have fun with :)



Sadly, we got rid of our chickens :'( It was just time to let them go. A man, who is starting a little farm, offered to take them for us. I'm sure they'll have a good home, but I sure miss them. And I'm really going to miss those fresh brown eggs.

Lord willing, I'm going to be doing a garden this year. We don't have a tiller, so I'll have to do everything with a hoe, which will maximize the work I put into it. But I have fun gardening and I think it'll be worth it. I'm planning on planting cucumbers (to make pickles and can), squash,  lettuce, spinach, maybe potatoes, and Daddy is going to do some tomatoes. So it's not going to be a ginormous garden, but I'm still excited about it!

I've just recently started enjoying embroidery. It's a lot of fun and very relaxing. I'm still not too good at it, but I think I am starting to see an improvement. It's kind of become my newest hobby :)



We've been staying busy with random things also like helping some friends move into their new house, working around our house (inside and out), working at the church, helping some friends with a yard sale, and things like that. We've really been staying busy.

I have some exciting news!! Mama, Kristen, and I will all be flying out to Oklahoma to visit my sister and her family in a few days!! I'm beyond excited! It'll be my first time flying and I absolutely cannot wait :D And it'll be so good to see my nieces and nephew. I miss them all so much.
So we've been pretty busy trying to get everything ready for our trip. Packing and so fourth. We're planning on staying about a week in Oklahoma, and then Katy and the kids and us will be road tripping back here to Virginia together. It's going to be one packed van, but it'll be fun! An adventure ;)
And then I think Katy is planning to stay here for about a week and a half. So I'm VERY excited!!



So that's my life update. As you can tell, we've all been pretty busy around here.

 
 
What have you been up to lately?
 
 

12 comments

  1. Anonymous3/30/2019

    Hey Maddie! I had two impacted wisdom teeth taken out. I'm almost all healed up too. I got to stay awake for it though! :D I think the surgeon is more careful if the patient is awake. Lol.
    Your upcoming trip sounds awesome! I got to experience flying for the first time just a couple weeks ago. :) Have fun!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow... yeah I would not have wanted to be awake through all of that. I was happy getting put to sleep. Lol xD
      Oh really?! What did you think of flying? :)
      Thanks, Mary!

      Delete
    2. Anonymous4/01/2019

      Flying was definitely better than driving that far... I think the flights could use a little more turbulence though. :D Mary

      Delete
  2. We've been very busy too, but I enjoy it mostly!!! Glad the surgery went well! And such gorgeous flowers 😍

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely pictures! Glad your better from the surgery! I just flew for the first time me in a big airplane. Hope you have fun!!!

    astorydetective.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! What did you think of flying? :) Was it fun?

      Delete
  4. My sister just had her wisdom teeth taken out too. Glad your surgery/recovery went well! :)
    -Brooklyne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope your sister is doing better.
      Thank you, Brooklyne :)

      Delete
  5. I loved the update Maddy! And those pictures are SO pretty!
    Can't wait to see what this month holds;)

    ~Priscilla (BTW, did you get my latest email?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Priscilla <33

      And yes I did get that email. I just replied back to it :)

      Delete
  6. Aww welcome back! I've missed your posts! Lovely photos as always, glad your surgery went well and SO MUCH EXCITMENT! Have fun with your family!!!!

    ReplyDelete

kind words are worth much and cost little. so leave me a comment and make my day!

© little bit of sunshine. Design by FCD.