October 9, 2017

State Fair 2017 || food, smells, and rides OH MY! + lots of pictures



We went to the state fair!!! Daddy surprised us on Monday by telling us we were going the next day. I hadn't been on rides since I was like seven or eight so I went on TONS of new rides! It was such a great day and we met some friends from church up there too. They are so much fun to be around and they were all AWESOME riding buddies!!

(some photo credit goes to my friend, Emmy! Thanks MeMe!)
















(One of my little riding buddies!! He knows no fear with rides.)


(Some more of my riding buddies xD)




 








I bought an all-you-can-ride wristband (which was kinda expensive) but I definitely got my moneys worth! I rode on SO MANY RIDES!!! My favorites were the hang glider, the swings (which were especially tall), the musical express, and the drop zone!!
And I LOVED my dinner! A lamb gyro! Mmmmm..... (I should have gotten a picture)
I can't wait to go to the fair again next year!





Have you ever been to your state fair? When's the last time you went? How many rides did you ride? What are your favorite rides? What kind of food did you eat? Did you look at the exhibits? 





12 comments

  1. Looks like a lot of fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rosalyn Rooney10/10/2017

    Oh wow, I love fairs!! I haven't been to one for ages!!!!

    That was a good idea about getting the bracelet thing! I think I would have gotten it too, just because I love riding tons of rides! :D

    I loved all the photos and the rides look amazing! Drop Zones ARE SO FUN! I went on one when we went to an amusement part a couple years ago! It was so tall and the wind was quite forceful! I tried screaming, but I didn't even hear myself! :D
    There was also this big swing at the park too that was so fun! I'll have to send you some photos when I reply to your email! ;)

    Yumm, lamb is so good!! What is lamb gyro though? ;)

    Looks like a lot fun!!! Thanks for sharing the photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ME TOO! Like I said in the post, I hadn't been to the fair for riding since I was like seven or eight.

      Yeah. It was DEFINITELY a better deal than buying separate tickets.

      awww thanks! THEY WERE AMAZING! I loved riding the drop zone even though the one I rode wasn't THAT tall.
      I LOVE THE SWINGS! They were so relaxing and peaceful! I'll be looking forward to the pictures!

      I KNOW!!! A lamb gyro is Greek. It has lamb (obviously xD), lettuce, tomatoes, Tzatziki sauce (which is like a cucumber sauce), peppers, onions, and it's on a pita. IT'S AMAZING!!!

      We did have a lot of fun!!! Glad you enjoyed them! :)

      Delete
  3. I love state fairs! But I haven't been to one in such a long time!! All the rides and the food make it so great. Your fair looks especially fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. State fairs are THE BEST!!!! Oh man you should definitely go again sometime! I KNOW, although the exhibits are pretty great too!

      Delete
  4. The state fair is something I’ve enjoyed in my younger years, but the last time we went something bad happened and we haven’t gone ever since. I do enjoy going with friends... But I just don’t like the crowds and the hectic ness of it all. The rides are fun, I’ve never went on the scary ones though😂😂 Id like it more if there weren’t such big crowds, and creepy people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's terrible. I'm sorry.
      Last time I went I got to go with my family AND friends, so that was REALLY FUN!!!!
      I LOVE THE RIDES!!! But compared to the friends I went with, I didn't get on scary rides either xD And when we went it wasn't very busy so that was GREAT!!!

      Delete
  5. The fair looks so fun! There is something so magical about fairs, especially in the movies. They just seem like a place that anything whimsical could happen! I haven't been to the fair in forever but that's probably because I'm a chicken when it comes to rides, haha! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IT WAS SO MUCH FUN!!!! I know, especially at night when all of the lights are on! Ahhh.....
      I'm not a big ride sort of person either so we can chicken out together, haha!! xD

      Delete
  6. I haven’t been to the state fair in forever— it’s kind of sad, because this was my last year I could go, especially since the state fair coincides with college move in day. :’( It looks like your family had a TON of fun, though!

    xoxo Abigail Lennah | ups & downs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww man, really? That is sad. :'( But my family and I did have TONS OF FUN together!!!

      Delete

kind words are worth much and cost little. so leave me a comment and make my day!

© little bit of sunshine. Design by FCD.